Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 03:26 PM

Default I suck at hand-reading.

BB has sat down for 2 orbits and has been raising quite frequently preflop, though no 3-betting thus far to isolate anyone. SB is loose and terrible.

FT $1/2 (6-handed)

Preflop:
Hero is Button with A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
3 folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB 3-bets, Hero calls, SB calls.

Flop (9 SB): A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets, SB calls, BB raises, Hero calls, SB calls.

Turn (7.5 BB): 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB bets, Hero calls, SB folds

River (9.5 BB): Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
BB bets, Hero calls.

I should've folded the turn, possibly the flop, but since I called down I = fish. That sound pretty much right?
Old 12-07-2006, 03:29 PM

Default Re: I suck at hand-reading.

checking the flop in these spots can be pretty good. BB either has like 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or you crushed a lot. LOL at him checking a big PP there.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:33 PM

Err, I haven't seen him do anything out of line (i.e. 3-bet 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) so I highly doubt that's his hand. Initially I thought he was taking the WA/WB line but I guess his flop c-raise suggests otherwise.
Old 12-07-2006, 03:37 PM

Then he probably has you crushed. I've still been checking the flop in spots like this. it seems like the only time i was getting pwnd by bad players was when i let them c/r me with TT here.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:25 PM

Your play is fine to me. No way I'm folding Top pair to a checkraise on flop against an unknown. I would however think of raising the turn and check river behind.And I would of course fold to a turn 3-bet.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checking the flop in these spots can be pretty good. BB either has like 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] or you crushed a lot. LOL at him checking a big PP there.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree 3 handed with that board.

I think the turn is a pretty easy fold though.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:42 PM

What do you guys think of three betting the flop checking through the turn then calling the river? With this line if villain caps the flop then leads the turn we can fold very easily. I am not sure if I actually like this line but it did cross my mind.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:44 PM

Errr...I don't think any higher pocket pair c/raises the A-high flop. They usually take the WA/WB line right?
Old 12-07-2006, 06:03 PM

I guess my point is that we get to showdown cheaper than we did taking the line you did in the op or we can fold more easily on the turn. The turn was already prolly a fold but by getting 4 bet on the flop there is even less doubt that we are beat. meh still not sure that I like the line I suggested.
Old 12-07-2006, 06:04 PM

This isn't a WA/WB flop.Two big hearts is out there which means you could have both a flush draw or a gsdraw as far as he is concerned.
I would go for a CR with KK,QQ;JJ because I could fold a weak ace and at the same time charge draws.
You also realize that this can be a very profitable play when you're actually considering to fold this flop with top pair