Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 04:49 PM

Default I shouldn\'t be here, so i don\'t know my line...

Ok...This hand is crap'ola and i never raise it, but every time i raise preflop this session, everyone folds. I was hoping to raise here, take down the hand, show the bluff, and then go back to TAG play.

Flop comes out, and i'm hoping to c-bet and maybe take a free card and try to hit my flush. I figure if i show THAT down, that should be all i need.

Well, SB bets right out, and SB hasn't done anything special. TAG stats, and i'm assuming that since i got an OOP call, and a bet right out, this is a real hand.

Since this person is solid, i'm going to rule out T7, T2, and 72. That leaves sets and over pairs. (Maybe a passive preflop JJ)

This is a fold here right? or should i be trying to see if the turn is a heart since i'm assuming that BECAUSE it's a big hand i have big implied odds if i hit on the turn.

It's a fold here right since i can't count on him to stack off when the next heart hits? or am i not understanding implied odds?

Full Tilt Poker
No Limit Holdem Ring game
Blinds: $0.05/$0.10
5 players
Converter

Stack sizes:
UTG: $5.30
CO: $16
VorShot: $10.65
SB: $13
BB: $25.05

Pre-flop: (5 players) VorShot is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG folds, CO calls, <font color="#cc0000">VorShot raises to $0.5</font>, SB calls, BB folds, CO calls.

Flop: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($1.6, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets $1.6</font>, CO folds, VorShot...
Old 12-07-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Re: I shouldn\'t be here, so i don\'t know my line...

Call the flop.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:03 PM

I love your thinking on this hand. Call the bet.

Flop a heart, stack him, and profit all session long.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:10 PM

Meh, call is okay. Folding can't be too horrible though. I doubt your implied odds are very good.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:19 PM

kitaristi0 or Antinome or anyone,

So are we saying call getting 2:1 on a 4:1 draw because of implied odds?

Sorry if this question is simple, but I really don't have a full understanding of implied odds yet.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
show the bluff,

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. Don't do this. It's senseless in uNL anyway and normally it doesn't take too long until you get action. Don't shoot your stealing opportunities.

You are getting 2:1 on your flop call and you are about 4:1 to make your flush on the turn. I assume you won't call another turn bet, since then you really need to stack the guy or the bet might be too big that you could make up for the lacking odds. So you need to be sure that you make $3.20 when you make your flush on the river to break even. SB is quite deep stacked and you probably can get around $4 out of him without him investing more than 50% of his stack in the hand. So I think a call is reasonable. A fold isn't bad either, though.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:24 PM

You bluffed, it back-fired. Just get out of there. I hate trying to predict implied odds for flushes because imo they are always so low. Depends on villain I guess, but my standard would be to fold.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:30 PM

Raising this on the button at a tight table is fine. I agree that you're not that likely to stack villain if the flush hits. He could be on a draw too, and if he has a flush draw it's probably bigger than yours. IF the flush hits on the turn AND villain has a set, you'll get it all in, BUT only as a 75% favorite. I don't think you're deep enough to make this a profitable call. Quick estimate here. You call the flop. $8.50 behind. Say villain has a set 100% of the time. 20% of the time the flush hits on the turn and you get it all in with 75% equity. $8.5 * 0.20 * 0.75 ~ $1.3. 80% of the time the turn blanks and you fold. -$1.6 * 0.8 ~ -$1.3. So this is about EV neutral. But in reality, sometimes villain will have one/two pair and fold if the flush hits the turn, and sometimes villain will have a higher flush draw and stack you if it hits. Making this a fold.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kitaristi0 or Antinome or anyone,

So are we saying call getting 2:1 on a 4:1 draw because of implied odds?

Sorry if this question is simple, but I really don't have a full understanding of implied odds yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

exactly.

if we hit the 4:1 shot, we can bet/call villain's bet and so our implied odds are beter than just the pot odds.
Old 12-07-2006, 05:35 PM

Kokiri,

Thanks I kinda figured that just had to ask to be sure.

Guess I just never tried incorporating implied odds into my game yet. Still trying to keep it simple.