Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 11:43 AM

Default Re: Capped before it reaches me.

When it got to me I thought 'wtf?' and folded and didn't really feel bad about it. I figured against their combined ranges I would more likely lose a lot or split rather than win.
Then I was somewhat curious when the flop came xxA (two spades), the first two in checked to MP3 who bet and the others folded.
I'm still okay with the fold though.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:44 AM

*grunch*
Hell!Ok if we use the PFR%'s as an indication of range, you're a dog to the range Mp2 and MP3 are holding (you're probably even more of a dog as we should probably be using their reraise ranges!) Similarly UTG+s's range could be even better as he's not given another shot at the betting after the cap. Stats suggest a strong fold on this one. Having said that, have never ever folded AK so I'm probably calling even though I suggest a fold here. More decisive advice from me is: Find another bloody table!!! Why on earth would you sit with all these tights?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:19 PM

AK-off is worthless when it is three back to you. You can really only call like that with AA, KK, or AKs (and then with AKs you are hoping for a straight / flush draw).
Old 12-07-2006, 12:57 PM

Hero folds. MP2's raising range is really tight, so his 3betting range is probably increasingly small, I'd say QQ-AA, maybe AK. MP3 probably has about a similar range, although he probably has AK in his for sure. I don't think Hero fares well against those ranges, plus it's most likely going to be costly to try to peel if we miss the flop or pick up a draw.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What's your standard play here vs these opponents?

[/ QUOTE ]

At .05/.10, on a table with 3 players under 20 VPIP and under 10 PFR? Change tables.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

At .05/.10, on a table with 3 players under 20 VPIP and under 10 PFR? Change tables.

[/ QUOTE ]
especially when he's sitting on the wrong side of the nits. if he could get them to his left, i'd say this is a $$$$ opportunity.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
UTG+2 15/12/3.5 (400 hands) More aggressive than the others here. Raises ui o/cards on flop, strong draws etc.
MP2 10/2/2 (100) Straightforward.
MP3 12/8/4.2 (250) Folds unimproved a lot post flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Against these opponents I think this is a very easy fold.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
especially when he's sitting on the wrong side of the nits. if he could get them to his left, i'd say this is a $$$$ opportunity.

[/ QUOTE ]

My table at some point in the session:

Seat:
1. 22/16/3.5
2. 13/9/2
3. 25/20/4
4. 14/8/1.25
5. 15/12/3.5
6. 10/2/2
7. 35/11/3.5
8. 12/8/4
9. 12.5/5.5/1.7
10. Me - Not/Very/Good.

I am sitting in a pretty bad seat considering 1 and 3 are on my left. It's weird though, I've just started playing again after a couple of months and thought I'd 'warm up' a bit at 0.05/0.10 and now the tables are full of these types of players.
Ok so there are better tables for sure. Question - Is it not more beneficial when learning to be playing on tougher/more aggressive tables?
Old 12-07-2006, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Question - Is it not more beneficial when learning to be playing on tougher/more aggressive tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

Meh. The problem with TAG-seeming players on nano-limit tables is that they fall into three categories:

1. nits;
2. players who have figured out how to be tight, but not how to be aggressive, so when they are aggressive it's very hard to read; and
3. players who normally play higher limits but have dropped down for some reason (downswong, "working on" something, yada yada).

None of these are players that it's particularly beneficial for you to play against, since if you're a legitimate nano-limit player (newbie with a small BR) you should be learning to play A-B-C poker, and that will not meet with success against any of these categories.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok so there are better tables for sure. Question - Is it not more beneficial when learning to be playing on tougher/more aggressive tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you're looking at this the wrong way. Our goal in poker is to make money. Of course it should be fun as well, but hopefully, you find making money entertaining. Deliberately playing against tougher competition doesn't seem worth it to me. If I were playing .05/.1, I'd be having a good time beating the incredibly soft games and building my BR so I can move up. Don't worry about not learning much just because the players are bad; as long you continue to study you should be fine. Focus on making a big profit while you can, things will get tougher later.