Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 01:18 AM

Default Re: 100$ neteller fee!!!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
And to be helpful... If it is possible for you to open a US bank account you can order a cheque then convert the money at your bank instead of with neteller.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what I do. Neteller check comes in American dollars at a $2 fee and my bank exchanges it for me for free. Now I live in Canada if that makes a difference.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure that you are actually paying more then the $2. For example, suppose the true exchange rate was 1.5 to 1 (it is actually 1.14 to one but the numbers are easier this way). For 100 USD the bank might only give you 148 CAD and for 150 CAD the bank might only give you 98.50 USD. Think of it like the VIG in pointspreads.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:39 AM

you should get a moneybookers account.
have it in dollars.
then send the money from there to your euro bank account.
fair conversion and only like 2,50$ fee.

best method
Old 12-07-2006, 02:27 AM

Living in europe, I have neteller in USD. Money goes from neteller to bank account in own bank that is in USD, neteller charges 1 dollar for the transfer, bank charges 9 dollars. No matter how much you transfer, the costs remain the same. From the USD account I then transfer to Euros at a very bad rate, and it seems the USD just keeps losing value the longer I wait.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:31 AM

I tried moneybookers as well, they have a somewhat smaller exchange fee (I think 1%), but there is a 90 days maximum amount that you can withdraw from there (the amount can be increased by credit card and bank account verification what I both did). I requested this maximum and then I was assigned to an random security test where I had to explain where the money comes from and I had to send them a copy of my passport to get the money out again. (finally I recieved it).

Stars converts the money for you and you save the fee if you want - that is a very nice option, but unfortunately I play only Prima-poker [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 11:48 AM

What I donīt understand about neteller is that they use canadian dollars as their currency.

I have US$ in my pokeraccount, US$ in my neteller, but when I choose to withdraw from neteller, they charge me for changing CAN$ to US$.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:00 PM

I deposit funds to Party poker, and then withdraw via cheque here in Canada. Cheque arrives quite quickly in Canadian Dollars, and I don't get hit with any fees.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What I donīt understand about neteller is that they use canadian dollars as their currency.

I have US$ in my pokeraccount, US$ in my neteller, but when I choose to withdraw from neteller, they charge me for changing CAN$ to US$.

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG, you can change it to USD, so you don't get charged 1.9 going each way. I had my original Neteller account in CDN$, but quickly realized that was a bad idea and switched it to USD. Now I only get charged when I EFT back to my back about.