Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 10:44 AM

Default Re: Bank Account Goes Robusto

Also, OP, congratulations on the beginning of a life of diverting responsibility. You've started off good, but need but need a little work on convincing. This is the age of not accepting responsibility for your actions, and it seems as though you're out there doing your part. Good work, sir.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:12 AM

Haha, whoever said BEAT = 650 = Robusto....yeah good one [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
As for the era of diverting responsibility post-- who cares, this is the goddamn united states bitch! As for gildwulf...again, taking money out of my OWN ACCOUNT IS NOT A CRIME, but good job trying to rain on my 650 dollar parade, appreciate it. Also obvioulsy if my bank is like "um....were gonna need taht money back" I will pay it back, im not gonna refuse to pay it back if they demand it :\, but if they ask nicely then obvioulsy I wont give it back [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna use 215 of it to play in the sunday million-- venom007 on stars, anybody who posted to this gets 1% of me if I final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Uhm, freeroll bitches... I'm in.

FWIW, they will yank the funds back, and you will have to repay them. Back in my Sr high school year(my buddies freshman college year), my friend got 5k into his account, it was supposed to go to his father's account (hes a Jr, father obviously a Sr). It took about 3 months before it was caught, by then, we had blown it all on keggers.... good times.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:27 AM

This happened to me once, I think it was only for like 50 bucks though. It took them almost 3 days to catch it and debit my account. Don't banks charge 30 bucks for a negative balance per day? I am pretty sure banks catch almost all errors, I even had an error once not in my favor and they corrected it within a day without me saying anything (I wrote the wrong amount on a deposit).
Old 12-07-2006, 11:33 AM

Serious advice (i don't know why i'm doing this)...

Withdraw like no more than 300 of this right now, let the rest sit in there for a month or so. If the bank doesn't discover the error by then, you are much more likely to get away with this and can probably take the rest out. If they discover the error, at least you have some of the money in there and it doesn't look to them like to realized there was extra money in your account. This will help with the inevitable fees the bank will charge you with, as you can likely dispute them easier and not have some [censored] put on a credit report. Goodwill is a good thing, and looking like you weren't trying to [censored] the bank builds goodwill.

I could be talking out of my ass because this has never happened to me, but it makes logical sense. Good luck. And my previous post to ship the 1% still stands.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:35 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This happened to me once, I think it was only for like 50 bucks though. It took them almost 3 days to catch it and debit my account. Don't banks charge 30 bucks for a negative balance per day? I am pretty sure banks catch almost all errors, I even had an error once not in my favor and they corrected it within a day without me saying anything (I wrote the wrong amount on a deposit).

[/ QUOTE ]

Every bank I've ever had charges between 5-10 bucks a day and then has a monthly fee of around $25 added, based on whether or not you had a negative balance at the beginning of a new monthly cycle. $30/day seems awfully excessive.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm gonna use 215 of it to play in the sunday million-- venom007 on stars, anybody who posted to this gets 1% of me if I final table.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ship the 1%

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-07-2006, 11:45 AM

Makes sense, thats about how much ill take out-- also im playing in the nightly 150 tonight guys, 1% of my winnings to whoever I like throughout this thread-- 1968, durkah, and maybe 1 or 2 other people who's posts/messages in enjoyed.

Also it seems like most of you think banks catch all their errors.....not even close to true. Statistically some errors are bound to slip through-- thus the absurd 35 dollar overdraft fees bank charge are probably partially to cover for such errors. ALSO-- the current generation of 20-35 year olds dont do this, but i assure you everybody over 40 currently does or has done this in the past-- balancing their checkbook. Why do people balance their checkbooks at the end of every month? Becuase banks make mistakes that are not always corrected-- if this wasnt true, people wouldnt waste time balancing their checkbooks......although, balancing checkbooks is a stupid stupid waste of time but I wont argue [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-07-2006, 12:27 PM

I call BS on all of you... I doubt the bank will even notice... sure wait awhile before you cash it out but chances are it is yours.

The same thing happend with me only it was a computer. The computer was taking forever get to my house so I called and cancelled it, they refunded me and then the computer showed up about a week later. Everyone was telling me that they were going to find out so i held on to it for 2 month and kept it after they never contacted me. They gave me so much of a hassle with getting the product i just said [censored] it and kept it.

Anyways, I doubt once the mistake has been made they will find out where the money went.

Nice brag.

XraySpeX
Old 12-07-2006, 12:28 PM

TYTYTYTYTYTY, my first BBV thread has been a resounding success [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]