Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 10:25 AM

Default Capped before it reaches me.

UTG+2 15/12/3.5 (400 hands) More aggressive than the others here. Raises ui o/cards on flop, strong draws etc.
MP2 10/2/2 (100) Straightforward.
MP3 12/8/4.2 (250) Folds unimproved a lot post flop.

What's your standard play here vs these opponents?

Ultimate Bet 0.05/0.10 Hold'em (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 caps</font>, <font color="#666666">[i] Hero?
Old 12-07-2006, 10:40 AM

Default Re: Capped before it reaches me.

A guy with pfr 2 3-bets and someone with pfr 8 cold-caps. You're far behind the capper's range (KK+, maybe QQ, AKs, maybe AK). You might even be behind the 3-bettor's range (JJ+, AK+).

There are only two scenarios you would like: Both have AK or both have pairs below a K (the ideal situation is that both hold QQ). And only in the 2nd case you stand to win something.

I fold.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:43 AM

To cold call 4 bets pre-flop, I think you need AA or KK, maybe AK if it were suited. I fold the unsuited AK here without too much pause, especially given the PT numbers you posted on the three raisers.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:56 AM

my standard play against unknown monkeys would be to call.
my play vs these opponents would be a toss up leaning towards calling but i really wouldn't like it.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:58 AM

Fold. The range of two of these guys is going to have you splitting the pot at best.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:59 AM

i dont know much about pokertracker but OTB in what's guaranteed to be a huge pot, i'm willing to take a flop here.

if the flop is K46 and it's capped back to me, or something, i'm confident i could fold enough times to not get trapped.

bbbushu
Old 12-07-2006, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont know much about pokertracker but OTB in what's guaranteed to be a huge pot, i'm willing to take a flop here.

if the flop is K46 and it's capped back to me, or something, i'm confident i could fold enough times to not get trapped.

bbbushu

[/ QUOTE ]

What is a safe flop against these guys? What flop are you hoping for? QTJr? AAA? If you see a flop you are most likely to have to call 2 to see the turn unless it turns into a check fest. Maybe if you are suited, but otherwise I think you can fold this and not feel bad.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:22 AM

i don't know what a safe flop is exactly bc of my unfamiliarity with pt stats (maybe somebody can comment on this).

just looking at the action, i'm really only afraid of the capper's hand and unless the table usually donks into pre-flop cappers i don't think seeing the turn for one is out of this world. given the EP raiser is loose and aggressive (which i'm sure other players know by now) s/he doesn't have to have a hand to do this. MP+2 could just be trying to isolate UTG+2 with as little as 88 or KJ so without knowing what the numbers mean and having position, i might see a flop here every now and then.

commentary on the pokertracker stats and why they prove i'm dumb for thinking this is welcome!

bbbushu
Old 12-07-2006, 11:23 AM

if ampelman's range is right, then we should fold. maybe i'll be better at examining these spots when i get more used to pt.

btw, kerowo, both boards you named would be great [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

bbbushu
Old 12-07-2006, 11:41 AM

MP2 has played 10 hands and raised 2 out of 100 hands preflop and now he's 3-betting. MP3 might recognize this player's tightness (?) and still caps it. I'm willing to fold this one.