Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 09:07 PM

Default Actual serious post 5/10 Stud 8 I play bleh today

Given his 4th street play can we at least give ourselves some hope that he's got a pair down there? I think 4-6th are all worth looking at. 3rd standard/river lucky.

7 Card Stud High-Low ($5/$10), Ante $0.50, Bring-In $2 (converter)

3rd Street - (0.60 SB)

Seat 1: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___brings-in___calls
Seat 4: xx xx 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 5: xx xx 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]___folds
Seat 7: xx xx 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___folds
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

4th Street - (2.60 SB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___checks

5th Street - (1.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]___calls

6th Street - (3.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___bets
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___calls

River - (5.30 BB)

Seat 3: xx xx 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] xx___bets___calls
Hero: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]___raises

Total pot: (9.30 BB)
Old 12-06-2006, 09:10 PM

Default Re: Actual serious post 5/10 Stud 8 I play bleh today

I would probably bet fourth. I'm not sure how you think the river raise is going to make you any money.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure how you think the river raise is going to make you any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm fairly sure most of the 5/10 players don't even look at their cards until the showdown, my low+straights regularly scoop their open trips after they decide it's a good idea to go crazy with J6Kr on 3rd. I expect to scoop the pot on the river about a zillion times more often than I am scooped, although he almost certainly has a low here.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I expect to scoop the pot on the river about a zillion times more often than I am scooped, although he almost certainly has a low here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You contradict yourself here. If he has a low, your raise can only cost you money.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I expect to scoop the pot on the river about a zillion times more often than I am scooped, although he almost certainly has a low here.

[/ QUOTE ]

You contradict yourself here. If he has a low, your raise can only cost you money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, perhaps I should read my own hands better, I'd try to make an excuse for the comment about certainly having a low vs expecting to scoop but no matter how I look at it you're right.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:48 PM

I would definitly bet 4th, but as played fold 5th because your hand is probably behind in both directions and the pot is pretty small.
Old 12-06-2006, 10:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would probably bet fourth. I'm not sure how you think the river raise is going to make you any money.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you played this limits online recently? I agree its highly unlikely he scoops but you will see stranger things and then kick yourself when you smooth call your scooper. Raising is with out a doubt the correct play.
Old 12-07-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, I raise this river all day long. The rake is capped. very rarely does he have a FH here, but sometimes he will have something like two pair or trips and pay you off think you have a low. If he comes back over the top then I would just call though
Old 12-07-2006, 12:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Andy, I raise this river all day long. The rake is capped. very rarely does he have a FH here, but sometimes he will have something like two pair or trips and pay you off think you have a low. If he comes back over the top then I would just call though

[/ QUOTE ]

He's not scooping with a FH anyway, since we have a low. We're really only afraid of a low+diamond flush, which is pretty unlikely and we beat a fair number of them anyway.

Betting fourth would go a long way to helping you figure out where you are later.
Old 12-07-2006, 10:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
He's not scooping with a FH anyway, since we have a low. We're really only afraid of a low+diamond flush, which is pretty unlikely and we beat a fair number of them anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]
agreed, it looks so obvious that he has a low, and almost any low beats us, but he'll show you 2 pair often enough to make this raise a cinch.