Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 12:31 AM

Default Re: Stars full 55 HH on PXF viewer

[ QUOTE ]
Your AJ folds surprised me. But AJ is a hand that can get you into trouble. I think I have gotten back to playing AJ to much early on. Good to see you folding it, I should prolly tighten up early on too. You folding AQ in those situations (early position, early levels, unraised pot?)

I was surprised how much you raised with pocket pairs. I thought standard play was to call, hit set or fold?

Thanks for sharing your HH with us!

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I'm not too fond of AJ in EP. I also fold it in LP to EP raises frequently.

I do fold AQ from UTG quite a bit too. Those are hands that you wind up winning small pots or losing big pots with.

I do sometimes raise those hands too. It depends on several little things, but I think folding them in EP or to raises is rarely wrong early in the game.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:15 AM

Default Re: Stars full 55 HH on PXF viewer

I grunched this cha, so feel free to ignore, since i am so late to the game:

#1 i might limp and fold to a raise since i'd like to see a cheap flop and know if the table is passive or not. i don't mind the fold here and i'm not raising either.

#9 i would usually limp the 88s what are your thoughts on limiping v. raising there?

#45 QJs on the button against some shorter but not desperate stacks looks like a good time for a raise/steal

#48 22 in the BB you didn't really challenge any of the SB completions and thought maybe this would be an opportunity to re-pop him and let him know he shouldn't be completing on you.

(after watching the entire SNG though he seemed to a) be a donk and b) fold to you enough in the BB to not make this such an issue)

#94 A7o in the SB i think i'm raising like 99% of the time here

#100 Q6s i think i might raise here as well

thanks as always for sharing!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]