Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 10:19 PM

Default 100$NL Stars, nice flop for AA

villian is loose and bad 52/12/4. I´ve been semi active, rred some pots and had to fold one on the flop. All in all i caught alot of good hands pre and postflop, but no one called me ... blkalba doubt he is paying attention anyways. I isolated him quite a bit and rred once, thats why i 4bet there. Whats my plan for the hand `?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($92.40)
UTG ($111.90)
MP ($153.90)
Hero ($112.55)
Button ($97)
SB ($55)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $1, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $21</font>, UTG calls $12.

Flop: ($43.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $6</font>, sup ?
Old 12-06-2006, 10:46 PM

Default Re: 100$NL Stars, nice flop for AA

Honestly, and this is likely very weak tight, but I don't have many problems with reaching showdown as cheaply as possible. Your equity vs just TT+ is less than 50%, and w/AK it hits 30%. If you raise, youhave to fold to a push, which I might do if he open pushed the turn anyways. Nothing has more than 6 outs against you, so there isn't much to protect against.

Although... I keep wanting to say his range is very narrow, but I'm wonder if it isn't narrow enough we're ahead. I think its very very rare villian does this with JJ/TT, so that puts us against a split, ahead a 6 outter and crushed. Yeah... even then, calling down is best.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:05 PM

Location: between the click of the light and the start of the dream

Worst flop you could have asked for here. Try to get to showdown as cheaply as possible. If it's not possible, folding is fine.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:17 PM

allright no more replies comming i gues. I called, turn was a K and i split with Ah6h.
I was planing on calldown without further evidence that he hit a set .. like a big turnbet, or c/c turn and big riverbet, just wanted to see if that plan was o.k. :&gt;
Old 12-06-2006, 11:35 PM

If you had similar information to what you just said (re-raise with A6s) then i would have suggested a pot size re-raise on the flop and fold to a push.

With no reads on villain, call and push when the K comes