Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2006, 09:53 PM

Default Re: (PS $2/$4): TPTK Against One of You

My main concern with this hand is there's chance we get this checked thru on the river. Against a thinking TAG I think our best option is to bet the turn the reason being is he's not going to call your flop bet without having anything on the flop, if he's drawing (ie [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] draw) we shouldn't give a free card here, if he's got an A we're missing value (he's not going to fold an Ace that is outkicked). Sometimes just playing str8 up when OOP makes playing the hand a lot easier.
just my 2c worth
Old 12-06-2006, 11:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
My main concern with this hand is there's chance we get this checked thru on the river. Against a thinking TAG I think our best option is to bet the turn the reason being is he's not going to call your flop bet without having anything on the flop, if he's drawing (ie draw) we shouldn't give a free card here, if he's got an A we're missing value (he's not going to fold an Ace that is outkicked). Sometimes just playing str8 up when OOP makes playing the hand a lot easier.
just my 2c worth

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, an actual response. Thank you. What range of hands do you think we can put the villain on after the flop?

Scott
Old 12-06-2006, 11:23 PM

After the flop I'm putting him on an Ace, any broadway suited with a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 'cept any suited aces, 77, 33 (tho this would of been a good spot to raise with a set) There may be a chance he's going to peel with a pp with the plan to re-eval on the turn (especially if it contains a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

-Gib
Old 12-06-2006, 11:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What range of hands do you think we can put the villain on after the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

We'd need more information on his preflop tendencies, or at least some stats. Also any information about the limper is helpful too. If this guy is 30/20 or 23/15 I think there's going to be a decent difference in raising ranges. Also if he's really likely to isolate limpers OTB, or this limper in particular.