Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 11:37 PM

Default Trying out 3/6 on Stars

No reads yet.

Finally opened an account there and it's been a long time since I've seen tables so loose.

Kind of running bad so far which doesn't help the move up.

My money feels a little scared, but not too much. My blind stealing is staying aggressive, but I'm being 3 bet a lot early on this session w/o having shown down loser hands. Missing my big cards every flop isn't helping. I am scaling my steal range back a bit though because of the 1/3 blind structure. That is correct yes since I'm rewarded with less than the regular proportion?

Here's a hand. Please comment on my action and then give your action on the river.

Converted by PokerGeek
PokerStars Limit Hold'em Ring - $3/$6 Stakes (9 handed)

Starting Stacks
Seat 1: LP ($37)
Seat 2: CO ($57)
Seat 3: Button ($199)
Seat 4: Small blind (Hero) ($73)
Seat 6: Big blind ($79)
Seat 7: UTG ($114)
Seat 8: UTG+1 ($33)
Seat 9: MP1 ($132)
Seat 10: MP2 ($126.50)

Preflop: Hero is Small blind with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, Big blind checks

Flop: (5.67 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, Big blind checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, CO bets, Hero raises, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP2 folds, CO calls

Turn: (6.83 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero bets, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, CO folds

River: (9.83 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero...

Final Pot: $58 ($2 rake)

Results not shown
Old 12-05-2006, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Trying out 3/6 on Stars

NH, and a good check on the river, Be (I can tell because the pot didn't get any bigger). You're not going to fold anything you want to fold. I probably call one back to me, closing the action or close to it.
Old 12-06-2006, 01:45 AM

I don't like the turn bet...
Old 12-06-2006, 02:15 AM

I like the c/r on the flop. I'm guessing the intent was to get rid of overcards?

I don't like the turn bet once you get called and there's still four in. I'm not convinced there's an equity edge that's worth pushing. Giving a free card is probably bad here, but I don't think it's terrible, as I don't see any decent draws folding here.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I like the c/r on the flop. I'm guessing the intent was to get rid of overcards?

I don't like the turn bet once you get called and there's still four in. I'm not convinced there's an equity edge that's worth pushing. Giving a free card is probably bad here, but I don't think it's terrible, as I don't see any decent draws folding here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to give them a free card though? You don't just bet to make people fold.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:19 AM

I'm not saying giving a free card is good, I'm saying giving a free card when they were going to call, is not as bad as if they weren't.

(Not sure that makes sense, or I'm just rambling [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm tired )

I will clarify by saying that I'm not justifying a check based on a free card being less worse than normal, that's more of a bonus feature. I do think suggesting a bet here based solely on not giving a free card is incorrect (not that anyone has said that).

I think with four people in the chance we are ahead is low, and with not much of a draw, that I don't think there is enough equity to bet here.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:47 AM

There are various ways to play it. Your way is fine though. Don't bet the river.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are various ways to play it. Your way is fine though. Don't bet the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

$hillx is the best.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying giving a free card is good, I'm saying giving a free card when they were going to call, is not as bad as if they weren't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, of course. If they weren't going to call, you wish you'd bet to win the pot. But you still should not give them a free card.

[ QUOTE ]
(Not sure that makes sense, or I'm just rambling [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] I'm tired )

I will clarify by saying that I'm not justifying a check based on a free card being less worse than normal, that's more of a bonus feature. I do think suggesting a bet here based solely on not giving a free card is incorrect (not that anyone has said that).

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I am absolutely saying that. You should bet because you are most likely ahead and you want players with OCs/pair of 2s either to fold and not draw out on you or call incorrectly. You would love to fold out a GS too.

[ QUOTE ]
I think with four people in the chance we are ahead is low

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you are wrong and we likely have the best hand here. You are betting for value here.

If the other players had say an openender, OCs and a gutshot with an OC, they have a total of 21 outs. This is if none of them need the same cards as outs. You are still a favourite against all three *even if they call*.

If someone has a 6 or 5, well, they've played that a bit oddly. It's quite unlikely in any case, because there aren't that many hands that have those cards in that the average player will play.

[ QUOTE ]
and with not much of a draw, that I don't think there is enough equity to bet here.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, the draw is cream on the cake! If a 3 comes on the river, you are laughing all the way to the bank.
Old 12-06-2006, 04:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would you want to give them a free card though? You don't just bet to make people fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

The problem is that the hero is probably the one drawing here...