Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 11:44 PM

Default 200nl: Underbet in RR Pot Anybody Do This?

I am obv trying to price in my draw.. usually I think I check and hope he checks behind or if I think he might be floating fire another 2/3ish pot size bet.. thoughts on this play?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

CO ($203)
Button ($143.10)
Hero ($322.45)
BB ($343.40)
UTG ($326.15)
MP ($197)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises to $8</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $26</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls $18.

Flop: ($54) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $33</font>, MP calls $33.

Turn: ($120) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $48</font>, MP calls $48.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 PM

Default Re: 200nl: Underbet in RR Pot Anybody Do This?

Out of curiousity why would you reraise that garbage OOP?
Old 12-05-2006, 11:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-05-2006, 11:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not concerned about pf.. want opinions on turn action please
Old 12-05-2006, 11:59 PM

If your 3 betting pf, I think you need to make a strong(er) flop lead and represent a big hand.

As for the turn, I hate underbetting the pot like this as your giving him odds to call with almost anything, and then he can correctly call a river shove when you miss.What do you do when the river bricks and you now have a $220 pot w/ less than a PSB left?
Old 12-06-2006, 12:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If your 3 betting pf, I think you need to make a strong(er) flop lead and represent a big hand.

As for the turn, I hate underbetting the pot like this as your giving him odds to call with almost anything, and then he can correctly call a river shove when you miss.What do you do when the river bricks and you now have a $220 pot w/ less than a PSB left?

[/ QUOTE ]
I disagree w/ all of this..
Old 12-06-2006, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great. Maybe you should explain your logic so something can be accomplished then.

Your preflop is horrible, but given that you did it you do need to bet more on the flop. Your bet should be at least 40 and closer to full pot.

I also don't think you can realistically put him on floating you at least not as high a percentage as you put him on. Maybe with some reads on Villian but without them I don't see how you can. The turn lead is horrible as well. It is A) to big to be correctly pricing you into your draw and B) to small to actually win the pot right now. As well it sets you up for nothing but bad decisions on the river should you miss (which you will often).
Old 12-06-2006, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I had been 3 betting a fair amount previously and flop lead is standard for me so it is not weak

[ QUOTE ]
As for the turn, I hate underbetting the pot like this as your giving him odds to call with almost anything

[/ QUOTE ]
Giving him the odds to call with anything? Thats the point of the bet. I'm laying the odds for my flush draw not trying to push him off of anything. Are you talking about a higher flush draw?

[ QUOTE ]
and then he can correctly call a river shove when you miss.What do you do when the river bricks and you now have a $220 pot w/ less than a PSB left?

[/ QUOTE ]
umm check/fold
Old 12-06-2006, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats great. Maybe you should explain your logic so something can be accomplished then.

Your preflop is horrible, but given that you did it you do need to bet more on the flop. Your bet should be at least 40 and closer to full pot.

I also don't think you can realistically put him on floating you at least not as high a percentage as you put him on. Maybe with some reads on Villian but without them I don't see how you can. The turn lead is horrible as well. It is A) to big to be correctly pricing you into your draw and B) to small to actually win the pot right now. As well it sets you up for nothing but bad decisions on the river should you miss (which you will often).

[/ QUOTE ]
flop lead is standard as I mentioned. Turn lead is not too big for my draw. River decision is easy. This thread is not going in the direction I wanted it to.