Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 06:00 PM

Default How is everyone\'s project coming?

Successes? Failures? What you've learned? What you're planning for the future?

I got kind of a late start on mine but I've discovered I'm having a lot of fun learning web design and it's causing a big cut into my poker playing time.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:50 PM

Default Re: How is everyone\'s project coming?

Still haven't started mine yet [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]. What I'm doing is setting up an e-commerce store and then my forum project site is about everything I went through setting up the site.

Right now I'm waiting on a Dunn & Bradstreet number (which takes 30 days) so I can get an account set up at my selected distributor.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:03 PM

I agree Eihli. It's been a great leaning experience. I've been busy with a lot of other work, so I've primarily been working on my blog. I'm currently using Frontpage for my home page, but I think I may switch to Joomla to have a more dynamic website (Web 2.0 stuff). Dreamweaver has been a great tool in editing the Wordpress template that I use. My goal is to have enough content by Jan. 1 to get people to regularly view my site. Then I can toss in ads and affiliates.

Side Note: Just looking at craigslist jobs list for NYC, the demand for web designers and developers seems to be higher now than ever.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:07 AM

Mine's on hold for a few weeks due to finals, and until I get approval to offer credit cards. I'm pretty happy with it so far, though. I've even made over $24 with adsense :-)
Old 12-05-2006, 09:42 PM

I've only made $2.50 with adsense so far but I'm learning . . . slowly. I need more backlinks, anyone who wants to link exchange with me please PM me. My site is http://makingmoneywithyourblog.blogspot.com
Old 12-05-2006, 10:45 PM

I had some domain issues (couldn't use youtube in the domain name) so I've had to change it. My host is switching programs for their billing and everything so I hit a few problems during that. In the meantime I have a lot of articles to send out and a lot of content on the site. Also got accepted into Adsense, and made $0.61 from someone on either this forum or another one, so I think i've averaged about 2 cents a day so far.