Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Chris Moneymaker, the person - gleaned from the Stars commercial

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, it's amazing how a bunch of guys who have never accomplished ANYTHING, rip one people who are among the best in the world.

Rock on Chris, and Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

+

Old 12-04-2006, 11:07 AM

kiss dynasty's ass?
Old 12-04-2006, 02:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So, from the Poker Stars commercials, we learn that Chris Moneymaker is:

A lonely alcoholic degenerate gambler, who only talks about poker, doesn't do his work, and throws money at strange girls in bars.

[/ QUOTE ]

But you're not too jealous of him, are you? I mean, you took the time to write this post. You must be bitterly disappointed that you are not Moneymaker. That is the first sign of stalking. I hope Chris' people surf these boards.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Jealosy is ugly - get real lives.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2006, 04:47 PM

If you look at raymers allins from the 2004 world series, he was ahead more than he was behind, if you watch the 2003 world series, its just a long sequence of moneymaker sucking out on many players. Now I know no one can survive that kind of field without many bad beats but I dont know if moneymaker is a victim of bad editing or he just wasnt that great a player in the 03 ME. It always bugs me that the entire world who doesnt play poker thinks that he is the zomg greatest poker player in the world!!111!!!!
Old 12-05-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It always bugs me that the entire world who doesnt play poker thinks that he is the zomg greatest poker player in the world!!111!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming this were true, which I doubt. Why does this always bug you? I mean, c'mon, many of these same people probably think a straight beats a flush and don't even know what a full house is. Some probably don't know the rules of poker at all and haven't even heard of Chris Moneymaker. Why do you care about what they t hink?

--Zetack
Old 12-05-2006, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If you look at raymers allins from the 2004 world series, he was ahead more than he was behind, if you watch the 2003 world series, its just a long sequence of moneymaker sucking out on many players. Now I know no one can survive that kind of field without many bad beats but I dont know if moneymaker is a victim of bad editing or he just wasnt that great a player in the 03 ME. It always bugs me that the entire world who doesnt play poker thinks that he is the zomg greatest poker player in the world!!111!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

First off, who cares what the rest of the world thinks? Poker playing world or non.

Secondly, the issue with this thread is not his ability -- it is yet another jealous swipe at a guy who has every right to continue to cash in on his fame.
Old 12-05-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So what your saying is if ESPN only showed Chris getting his money in when he was ahead that your feelings about him would change. I know there was the Brenes hand. Please don't bring up the Ivey hand, as I'm sure you would have folded your trip Q with the A in that spot to make it to the final table.

I still say if they would have shown Chris Ferguson full championship run feelings about him would be different. The A9 vs AQ suckout against TJ was just as bad as any of Moneymakers suckouts.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:58 PM

You should all kiss Chris Moneymaker's a$$ just because of the state poker is at today. I hate to quote Mike Matasow, but "thank God for Chris Moneymaker". He's the reason winning poker players are winning so much at the moment. Without him, we wouldn't have so much 'dead money' out there.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Even though it is expected based upon experience, it is still disappointing when people say hurtful things about a friend in threads like this. I guess it is jealousy, stupidity, or just general douchebag-i-ness.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)

[/ QUOTE ]

welcome to the 2+2 forums.