Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 01:44 PM

Default ATs OOP

UTG in this hand is 24/4/2. How's my line here?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $1 BB (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Button ($111.20)
Hero ($107.40)
BB ($107.20)
UTG ($106.15)
UTG+1 ($193.50)
MP1 ($87.52)
MP2 ($101.65)
MP3 ($137.25)
CO ($104.75)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Hero posts a blind of $0.50.
UTG calls $1, [color=#666666]1 fold</font>, MP1 calls $1, [color=#666666]4 folds</font>, Hero (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($4) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](4 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $3</font>, BB folds, [color=#CC3333]UTG raises to $6</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls $3.

Turn: ($16) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $10</font>, UTG calls $10.

River: ($36) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [color=#0000FF](2 players)</font>
[color=#CC3333]Hero bets $18</font>, UTG calls $18.

Final Pot: $72
Old 02-06-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Re: ATs OOP

Check Flop&gt;Bet-Fold Flop&gt;Bet-Call Flop and Block overcard streets
Old 02-06-2006, 02:10 PM

i'm most likely checking the turn. if he bets weak (looks like a missed flush or straight draw) then i'll raise and push him off the hand.

if he bets strong, i'm out.

if he makes an inbetween bet i'm still most likely getting out.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:13 PM

I must be dumb because I have no idea what you're saying...unless you're saying check the flop...but I'm not sure why I would check this flop.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Check Flop &gt; Bet-Fold Flop &gt; Bet-Call Flop and Block overcard streets

[/ QUOTE ]

I really HATE checking this flop. You have TPTK OOP with three callers on a flush-draw board; you need to charge those draws and ideally drive people out of the pot. I'd probably make this $4 or even $5 to go: I've got what's likely the best hand right now, but I'm potentially vulnerable to any J, Q, K, or [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. With 20 scary cards in the deck, I can't afford to give a free card.

Try to take it down on the flop (like you did, only more so). If that fails, you have to use your own judgement.

I don't like checking the turn, either; yes, it's an overcard, but it's NOT a club, and I still don't want a club draw getting a free look at the river. Hero's bet looks OK, but I'd probably bite the bullet and bet bigger.

On the river, I'd probably check/call any bet that was about pot-sized or smaller. If villain has the guts to bluff big, let him have the pot. If villain tries to buy it cheap, pay him off. You'll see desperation bluffs from missed flushes here ALL the time. Also, since your check looks vaguely like YOU missed the flush, you can get bluffed by a wide variety of hands here.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:59 PM

Thanks Pokey. I did think the river was the most interesting street here. I was pretty disappointed to lose to JJ. Like you said I should check/call the river, i think. If I really thought he had a flush draw why should I bet the river? I shouldn't. But then again I can't let JT or KT check behind. I'm very conflicted here. After I bet and before he called I was debating on whether or not I could call a minraise...I'm still not sure.