Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 12:13 PM

Default Live PLO hand top set and i had no clue what to do

Live mixed game 1/2 PLO and 1/2 NLHE.

UTG - She is a good NLHE player but i have played very little PLO with her.

MP - He seems bad plays to many hands and chases to much. This is the first time i have seen aggression from him besides a couple of goofy bluffs when checked to.

Blinds are $1/$2 i have about $260 and they both have me covered.

I am on the button with Q [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Pre flop: UTG, MP and i limp, SB completes and BB checks.

Flop($10 5 players): Q [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Blinds check, UTG pots for $10, MP raises to $20, i call?, blinds fold and UTG calls.

Turn($70 3 players): 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG bets $30, MP raises to $100 and i fold?

I am really new to PLO and this hand felt really bad every step of the way. I was unsure what to do at any point. I felt like i sould have been raising pre flop with position. On the flop i have no idea what to do but with top set and a BD flush draw i wanted to see another card. I really wanted to see a [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] on the turn and the 6 actually dropped me down to a 9 out draw. I didn't want to call and i didn't want to stick my last $230 in. In this game i felt like there were better spots to get that much in than here. Advice on any street please.
Old 12-05-2006, 12:39 PM

Default Re: Live PLO hand top set and i had no clue what to do

Just call pf in good position is fine with queens and little else. IMO, playing Omaha against holdem players is more about making big hands and getting paid off then stealing pots from them in position.

I like the call on the flop, his raise likely doesnt mean much and you are putting in $20 to find out what she does in closing the action. If she raises and you can get it allin 3 way here then that's great as you will be +35% against there hand ranges (hopefully they both have KJ and none of your board pairing cards then you are in fine shape). If she raises and he folds you may want to call for implied odds.

On the turn you must fold.