Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 03:01 AM

Default Re: Petition to Change Stars\' Supernova qualification

[ QUOTE ]
Bob, how fast could someone who raced to Supernova in January get it?

[/ QUOTE ]

is there even a jan tourny for novas? Are they going to wait a few months to start them up like they did this year?
Old 12-05-2006, 03:01 AM

Wow thats really dumb...I guess I'll just throw out the making SuperNova plan and play some on Stars for a change of pace and keep the rest of my play on FTP.

I can't believe they actually make Supernova's start all over again.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:06 AM

I believe the first player to hit SN last January was in 13 days or something.

But for other regular humans who don't play really high SNG's:

For 3/6 and 5/10 limit multitablers I still think that close to 400-500 VPP's an hour is very realistic.

So 200 hours of total play if doing something like 4 or 5-tabling 5/10 6-max.
50 hours a week of doing that and you can be SN by the end of the month.

If you're going to 3-table the 2/4 limit 10-player tables then I'm going to guess around 100 pts/hr. So 1,000 hours total of doing this.
At 20 hours a week you should make it by the end of the year.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:13 AM

I have no idea now.

The only reason they waited to start them up this year is because there WEREN'T any supernova to begin with.
Having a supernova freeroll in the first week of the year when the total was 0 would have been dumb.

The 2nd year of the program is obviously a different situation than when they initially started it.

But it sure sounds like they won't have any Supernova freerolls in January since you have to re-attain your SN status to be eligible for them in the first place.

It should also be noted that Stars says they are considering re-doing the structure.
Many have asked for the freerolls to be yanked or completely overhauled.
I'm cautiously optimistic that Stars will come up with something that works out better than the current SN weekly-freeroll thing.

They're being pretty quiet about it though.
I would think that if they have something new and awesome in mind they would want to announce it as soon as possible to serve as an incentive for all the players who are in a position where they could do a late-2006 push.

By not announcing anything and leaving it a mystery they are pretty much turning off a lot of potential high-volume customers who would like to know what they are getting.

This leaves them with people like me who are playing there on the mere HOPE that SN is, and will continue to be, worthwhile.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
yes, you get to continue earning FPP's at the Nova rate is what I thought.
Hence the incentive to get there before the end of the year.

I am one of Sniper's non-attention-paying examples in that I didn't know there wouldn't be any freerolls for you until you got back to SN again.

Although with how the gold and plat status always carries over from one month to the next I would think that SN's SHOULD get freerolls for January at least.
But apparently this isn't the case.
Darn.

[/ QUOTE ]

While I feel for your freeroll value, here's my take. Most of the people who want Supernova don't give a rat's ass about the freeroll values anyways, not to mention they won't exist in their current form (according to rumors) next year. The amount of money it will cost people who don't make Supernova this year in lost FPPs will cost them significantly more money (100,000 FPPs-$1600) than their being a supernova will cost you (a few bucks in tournament equity a few times). I'll be a Supernova next year, but I totally understand where all those people are coming from.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lmao, are you serious? You have no idea of who I am or what my situation is.

[/ QUOTE ]

see...once again you're wrong.

blah blah blah blah blah

I could list like a million other things if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

way to stalkament my old posts. Some of the details you posted are wrong. But this is not the main point. The main point was that it is not possible for me to get nova, which for a high MGR player, sites should be willing to make exceptions or revise policies.
Old 12-05-2006, 03:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I had no idea how to become supernova until I switched to stars as my primary site in mid October.

[/ QUOTE ]

stop lying...you explained to ME over AIM how to become a nova....LOL

You're just getting caught in your own lies.

edited to add: back in the beginning when I started playing there, you sent me which links explained nova etc. and how to obtain it etc. You even answered a couple questions for me about it...LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL, I think I know who you are. But are you sure this convo wasn't in October?

also, even if this was a convo way back when, I might have been playing the "smart guy" over aim and just went to look it up quickly to tell you and only store it in my short term memory.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Again, it made no sense financially to play on stars from Jan - early October based on what we all knew at the time regarding legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you realy do want them to reward you for not playing on their site for the first 10 mths of the year.

Many players thought it actually WAS worthwhile to play on Stars all this time. But you didn't want to play there. And now that you changed your mind you want them to make you a supernova just like all the players who have been with them the whole time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually have played sporadically on stars, earning over 3K base FPP from January to October (similar to many single tabling weekend warrior fishes).

Also, I don't want them to just GIVE Nova to me. I want to be able to earn it by getting 100K base fpp in any 12 consec months.. Hell, I can even do it in 6 consecutive months.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lmao, are you serious? You have no idea of who I am or what my situation is.

[/ QUOTE ]

see...once again you're wrong.

blah blah blah blah blah

I could list like a million other things if you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

way to stalkament my old posts. Some of the details you posted are wrong. But this is not the main point. The main point was that it is not possible for me to get nova, which for a high MGR player, sites should be willing to make exceptions or revise policies.

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't stalkament your old posts.

I know you drive a jeep

I know your gf's name starts with an "H" (I won't say it out of privacy, but I can pm you to prove it)

I know you're buddies with RikaKazk

I know lots more [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

and my point is it isn't fair to change the rules mid way just to "please" a few high volume players.
Old 12-05-2006, 04:07 AM

And the convo was WAY EARLIER than oct....a good 6-7ish months before oct.