Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2006, 01:45 AM

Default Re: Petition to Change Stars\' Supernova qualification

[ QUOTE ]

Again, it made no sense financially to play on stars from Jan - early October based on what we all knew at the time regarding legislation.

[/ QUOTE ]

so you realy do want them to reward you for not playing on their site for the first 10 mths of the year.

Many players thought it actually WAS worthwhile to play on Stars all this time. But you didn't want to play there. And now that you changed your mind you want them to make you a supernova just like all the players who have been with them the whole time.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You did not have a short windorw of Oct 13-Dec 31.

You had the same Jan 1-Dec 31 window that everybody else had.

Some players have been on Stars all year and getting appropriately rewarded for their loyalty.

Should Stars really say, "Lets reward this guy for not playing a lick on our site for the first 10 mths of the year"?

I don't think so.

As always and with every site, if you don't like it then you don't have to play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bob...Stars SN has nothing to do with loyalty.

You could have been multi tabling 25NL for 30k hands a month since stars inception or you could have just shown up and play 200 $100 sit n go's...doesn't mean [censored] to Stars. all they care is how many FPP's you have/earn.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:49 AM

Default Anybody actually read the rules???

[ QUOTE ]
Part of the evaluation was knowing that many serious players would screw around and start playing too late to make supernove this year and I would have an extra 2-3 months of playing the supernova freerolls before the influx the Party players deluted the value.

[/ QUOTE ]

While Supernova members whose eligibility has expired at the end of the calendar year will continue to have access to the Supernova FPP store until June of the following year, they must re-qualify for Supernova status before using that status to enter weekly freeroll tournaments.

linky (Note #1) [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2006, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Anybody actually read the rules???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Part of the evaluation was knowing that many serious players would screw around and start playing too late to make supernove this year and I would have an extra 2-3 months of playing the supernova freerolls before the influx the Party players deluted the value.

[/ QUOTE ]

While Supernova members whose eligibility has expired at the end of the calendar year will continue to have access to the Supernova FPP store until June of the following year, they must re-qualify for Supernova status before using that status to enter weekly freeroll tournaments.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like the "VIP freerolls will be restructured for 2007 part [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I hope they restructure it with the "tourny cash" idea that was brought up in another thread.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:03 AM

Default Re: Anybody actually read the rules???

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm never surprised by how few people read the fine print...
Old 12-05-2006, 02:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If Stars got rid of the freerolls...would u still have this complaint

[/ QUOTE ]
Its much more tha the freeroll. Bonuses and promotion have been tied to vip level.

chez
Old 12-05-2006, 02:37 AM

whoa whoa..so in january when i spend 4-5 months to get to SN around may/june, then maintain it thru dec. on jan 1st i go back to gold star, but still have access to sn store, until i earn my way back up to supernova????

thats [censored] retarded
Old 12-05-2006, 02:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
whoa whoa..so in january when i spend 4-5 months to get to SN around may/june, then maintain it thru dec. on jan 1st i go back to gold star, but still have access to sn store, until i earn my way back up to supernova????

thats [censored] retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

I was under the impression that while your freeroll status went back to the bottom, your Fpp earn rate stays at nova....am I corect on that?
Old 12-05-2006, 02:51 AM

yes, you get to continue earning FPP's at the Nova rate is what I thought.
Hence the incentive to get there before the end of the year.

I am one of Sniper's non-attention-paying examples in that I didn't know there wouldn't be any freerolls for you until you got back to SN again.

Although with how the gold and plat status always carries over from one month to the next I would think that SN's SHOULD get freerolls for January at least.
But apparently this isn't the case.
Darn.
Old 12-05-2006, 02:58 AM

Bob, how fast could someone who raced to Supernova in January get it?