Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 07:19 PM

Default Re: Mortal Kombat II

[ QUOTE ]
world's greatest in all martial arts disciplines

[/ QUOTE ]

This guy doesn't exist and if he does he is a UFC fighter already.

Remember this is theoretical only in the sense that we can't get these guys to fight, they have to be someone that actually exists in the world. UFC guys in a total romp.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:25 PM

Default Re: The Answer

[ QUOTE ]
that the SEAL would never have get into a position where he is able to do some sort of uninhibited finishing move, if it exists.

[/ QUOTE ]

Correct

He wouldn't be able to get the UFC to his back or behind him to rip out his windpipe, which is kind of laughable and idealistic. Navy Seals are insanely overhyped, especially because they don't fight in 1v1 even situations in an enclosed area.

Navy Seal proponents smiling and dreaming of the Bourne Identity neck snap or windpipe ripout, for their heralded Seal make me laugh.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:49 PM

Default Re: The psy factor

[ QUOTE ]
For instance, I have found that even when simulating "real-world" situations in MMA training that often, even against a superior opponent, they leave vital areas open due to considerations that they don't usually have to deal with (i.e. them being on top mount and allowing me to pull their neck close enough to my mouth where I could bite out their Jugular or bite other areas that could instantly neutralize their agression). There are a plethora of other examples but that gives you the general idea of why I feel there is such a disconnect between the Octagon and H2H combat.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly right, and mirrors what I experienced in many hours of cometitions involving choke and submission holds. 80%+ of that stuff is useless if the other guy is trying to gouge your eyes out or demolish your nuts; a lot of holds couldn't be maintained at all under such conditions and it would be foolish to even try to get someone into them. UFC fighters DO leave these areas unprotected.

Example: on many occasions I spent 10 minutes or longer either striving to choke someone out in a contest or resisting their attempts to choke me out. Bear in mind the choke submission hold was already applied but that cinching it up tight enough to win is another matter as long as the other guy is adept at resisting and is trying to escape. If eye gouges were permitted and used, that 10 minutes plus would not have been ten minutes at all, more like ten seconds. Many control holds would be useless if the opponent could bite or attack your eyes, groin or throat.

Another thing: a jujitsu UFCer on his back in guard awaiting a standing opponent does not have to worry about getting kicked in the nuts, stomped in the nuts, or kneed in the nuts while he is in such an vulnerable position-because groin blows are against the rules. That position is fine if grappling is already being invoked but at a distance in a no rules contest it would be insane.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:02 PM

Default Re: New Fight Question

This is a question that can't be answered. It also makes you look like a bunch of college student UFC wannabes.

BTW, a Navy SEAL just won the Army Combatives competition. How friggin embarrassing, LOL!

Combatives is BJJ. It is some fun stuff, except for the pain.

I have been trained in Combatives. I have some experience with MArtial Arts in general. I don't think I could wager on any of them to win a fight to the death.

My two cents.

Fierce Lion7
Old 12-04-2006, 08:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another thing: a jujitsu UFCer on his back in guard awaiting a standing opponent does not have to worry about getting kicked in the nuts, stomped in the nuts, or kneed in the nuts while he is in such an vulnerable position-because groin blows are against the rules. That position is fine if grappling is already being invoked but at a distance in a no rules contest it would be insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

BINGO
Old 12-04-2006, 08:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
he's also 7 feet tall and if he where in the ufc he would consume his opponents with lightning bolts from his eyes are fire from his arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look him up before you make up crap, he's actually like 5'5 or something like that. I guess a Bruce Lee would be crushed a by a UFC'er too right?
Old 12-04-2006, 08:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

These same types don't have any fighting experience and would get slaughtered by those who do. Personally I'm a black belt in Karate and have won many a tournament based on the points system, but in a real fight I've found many of the techniques I have learned to be ineffective.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I mean no disrespect at all but i'm not talking about folks compete at any levels.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think about what you just said. They don't compete at any level. Martial arts to them is exactly what you said it is: a religion. It resembles fighting. It's symbolic of fighting. But it's not practical or effective fighting.

You're arguing that there's these mysterious masters that are ridiculously good. Many martial arts are very effective against the average person. Virtually NONE of them are effective at all against a mix of martial arts. Furthermore, most of what you're thinking of involves mainly striking. You don't understand how much more fundamental and important grappling is.

Even if you did have some sort of point, there's absolutely no evidence to back it up, and there's plenty of other evidence that goes against it.
Old 12-04-2006, 08:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he's also 7 feet tall and if he where in the ufc he would consume his opponents with lightning bolts from his eyes are fire from his arse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look him up before you make up crap, he's actually like 5'5 or something like that. I guess a Bruce Lee would be crushed a by a UFC'er too right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Asking this question shows how little you understand about all of this.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 PM

I'm really curious how much real life hand to hand combat, to the DEATH experience a SEAL would ever actually acquire.

Some of you seem to think that these guys are killing people with they're barehands on a weekly basis.
It just doesnt happen that way.

If a SEAL needs to kill someone he would just shoot him.

A SEAL would go into a combat situation armed.
Automatic rifle
Sidearm (pistol)
Knife
Grenades

Why would a seal ever even find himself in such a situation where he would need to kill someone with his bare hands?

Would he have experience killing people? YES
With his barehands? NO
Old 12-04-2006, 09:11 PM

the best Navy Seal in the world vs. someone like Fedor?

Are you guys kidding??

Fedor would school him in a fight, sure. But the Navy Seal is not there to fight. He is there to kill. And this is a fight to the death.

The Navy Seal would not have much trouble with the best MMA fighter in the world. He would KILL Fedor. And quickly.

You guys who think MMA is the end all/be all are delusional.