Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 07:30 PM

Default Three handed play

So lately i've been playing a lot of three handed winner take all tournaments with a couple of my friends. The blinds in this particular game do not go up until one player has been eliminated, and the blinds also start of relatively small to our chip stacks (BB is 1/50th of the starting chips to be exact) I'm posting this in mid-stakes because all three of us are pretty experienced and we all regularly play $1-$2 NL. I was wondering if anyone on here has any incite into some advanced strategy for three handed play and/or heads up play.
My first friend who always sits to my immeadiate left is fairly loose aggressive, and will definitely mix up his play by playing small connectors or combinations of a big and small card suited. He has some tell on me and knows specifically when I flop a big hand and cannot be slow-played. He plays well three handed and is capable of check-raise bluffing, and slowplaying paired aces, and making good value bets on the river.
My second friend who always sits to my right is a weaker player. He will constantly slow play strong hands on the flop; and will usually check-raise later in the hand for value. He will fold most hands that are marginal or below, before the flop.
If needs be I'll include how I generally play in this game, but i'd really like some suggestions on the optimal play in different positions in this game. Namely how to play on the button, how to play in the small blind, when my first friend is in position against me, and how to play out of the big blind, when i have position on my second friend. Any help is appreciated.