Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 05:47 PM

Default help

villain is only on his second orbit at the table and I'm at work so can't check PT to see if there are any good stats for him. He only played 1 hand where he won on the flop.

So my question is how would you guys act on the river? And as always feel free to comment of the other streets also.
Thanks

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

BB ($25)
UTG ($37.70)
MP ($15.75)
CO ($31.30)
Button ($24.65)
Hero ($47.90)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $0.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $2</font>, UTG folds, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, BB calls $3.

Turn: ($11) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $6.5</font>, BB calls $6.50.

River: ($24) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero?</font>
Old 12-04-2006, 05:54 PM

Default Re: help

I don't think there is any point in check calling his river all-in, except whipping off a bluff if he has a big pocket pair or k (considering those hands as a bluff).At this point the pot is big and he only has 12 or so left so I would probably just bet that.

one problem is that there was no preflop raising so I'm guessing he has a club flush draw or the 7 or possibly even a 6. So this is sort of a difficult spot. Again the pot is quite large so you probably just need to showdown somehow.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:08 PM

Shove the flop
Old 12-04-2006, 06:13 PM

Flop:

You: Well, I have a 7 or maybe a flush draw, and I'm scared of a 6 and want to pee myself.

BB: I beat that. I have 88. (semibluffing with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img])

You: Ha! I tricked you! Now please have odds to outdraw me!

Him: OK.

Turn:

You: See, I wasn't lying. I have a six but now I'm a little scared of my kicker.

Him: I have top pair! Top Pair is the nuts! I'm going nowhere! I think you're lying.

River, What I think happened:

You: That is the worst card! lol fish! zeebo! I check.

Him: Hmmm, he thinks I had a 7. I'll push and he can't call! Also I have Top Pair!!!1!ONE!

You: Nobody folds a boat! But I'm 2+2, I'm better than that, I fold.

How it should have gone-

Flop:

You: I bet pot. I always do this so you don't know what it means. I might even have a draw.

Him: ????
Old 12-04-2006, 06:47 PM

Well I guess I really just needed to play this hand more aggressively and it would have been a much easier hand to play. Thanks for the help. And sorry for the tricky heading I clicked submit after a phone call thinking I was done.

Antinome ,
You: I have a six but now I'm a little scared of my kicker.

Yep pretty much what I was thinking, I really need to get over that.

You: Nobody folds a boat! But I'm 2+2, I'm better than that, I fold.

Hilarious, however with only 10 posts I'm hardly part of 2 plus 2