Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 12:12 PM

Default Re: best way to extort someone?

[ QUOTE ]
i didnt have a neteller account for a long time cuz they gave me a lot of [censored] about ID/social security
i had a lot of money from rakeback that i wanted to transfer out asap so i gave it to friend. he gave me ~50% of the rakeback and still owes the rest.
originally he dumped it to me on partypoker but dikshit found out and banned both account and transfered $ back to his account. mine was unfrozen within 2-3 days and his stayed frozen supposedly for over a month. just recently he says that party took the money and permabanned account.

his offer to repay the debt is to 'hook me up w. sweet rakebacks at bodog' lolllllll

[/ QUOTE ]

so this guy did you a favour and had his money taken away from him because you asked him to transfer it to you illegally? sounds like he doesn't owe you [censored].
Old 12-04-2006, 12:22 PM

Grim,

Do you know him in person? get on his laptop, open up party and try and log in. If he uses outlook/thunderbird get into his email and search for party emails.

If you DON'T know him in person or can't get on his email (people store their passwords on their PCs yo) I would angle shoot by emailing party with an inquiry about the player, maybe call them. Something like he used a racist word in the chat. Maybe they'll slip up and be like "we have informed him via email".

If that doesn't work TELL him that you spoke to party and that happened and he is busted.

If he actually got the $ out he had to move it somehow so there are records. Demand that he show you his neteller account and activity the last X # of days. If he lives far away and the sum is that large I would say it's worth it to pay one of your broke friends to go to where this guy is and do all this, then pay your friend like X% of the retrieved moneys.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:33 PM

Why don't you just pull out the loan agreement* you both signed before the money was transferred to him? Then tell him if he does not honor your signed contact that you'll present it in a court of law.

* this is normal for large amounts of money
Old 12-04-2006, 01:38 PM

Grim,

considering no one trusts you, why do you trust other people?
Old 12-04-2006, 01:40 PM

it seems like grimstarr was telling the half truth from the very start.

Obv if dikshit took ur money then ur friend doesn't owe u squat. U both were involved in the illegal transfer. It's not his fault at all obv.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:41 PM

lol at taking this to court
Old 12-04-2006, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
karma is a bitch

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2006, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
grimstarr is a half truth telling bitch

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2006, 02:14 PM

this is debt collection not extortion. and you are going to have to man up or pay someone else to man up for you if you really want the money back. this dude i knew in college had some friends that would collect money for you. they charged 30 percent. no broken bones either. needless to say i stopped hanging out with this dude after another one of his friends shot someone.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How do you know this person and why did you lend him such a large sum of money.

What makes you think he doesn't have it anymore and why are you scared you won't get it back.

These are serious questions and we can't give you and answer without these questions answered.

[/ QUOTE ]

These two points definitely need to be answered before anyone will be able to provide any pertinent advice. Along with how you know him, it is also important to know if he is geographically near you (driving distance) and some personal details about him and his demeanor.