Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 12:15 PM

Default Draw on a paired board? Whats next if draw is hit?

Here's a few questions I have to try to close a leak in my game... Do you ever draw to a flush or straight on a paired board when the pot odds are correct? Then, do you call or raise all-in if your draw does hit?

Here's a hand that prompted these questions. I likely played it bad though... any comments are appreciated...

I am BB playing $1/$2 and sitting with a $122.50 stack. The table is overall loose with many seeing the flop, haven't really paid attention to the villain...

I post $2 BB and get dealt 8 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

EP raises to $6 and there are 5 callers before me... I call
Pot is $36

Flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

5 checks (including me) and button bets $10... SB calls... I call

My thinking here is $10 into a $56 pot with inside straight draw and a flush draw is a no-brainer

Turn: T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I hit my straight draw beating trips and I still have my flush draw just in case

SB checks, I check, and button bets $20 into a $66 pot, SB calls (pot is now $106 and I have $106.50 left), SB calls

What should be my next move?
Old 02-06-2006, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Draw on a paired board? Whats next if draw is hit?

looks like someone is drawing to a flush, which means ur flush is pretty worthless. the other may have trips, TPTK, or a boat. since you dont have much left behind if you call, 86.50, if you decide to play you're going to have to push. hopefully, a non club river and your opponent doesnt have a boat. tough situation though.