Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 10:48 PM

Default Re: issue im having playing nl

[ QUOTE ]
im playing a little nl on there and i keep having this problem where i get an automatic sit out right after i win a pot. anyone else ever seen this? it's really irritating.

[/ QUOTE ]

This week has been bad for that particular system quirk.

I must be in the minority in that over the past five days or so, the disconnects have been very, very bad. Today, after a disconnect I was not able to sit back at the table or leave the table. Instead of the "sit back in" tab, I had a "join waitlist tab". Oddly, I was able to play on another table at the same time. That eventually locked up and I had to reboot the system to leave the table.

I'd put my disconnect rate at 6-8 an hour over the past five days. Prior to that, things had been rock solid since the last upgrade.
Old 12-04-2006, 02:53 AM

Default Re: Don\'t forget to change the title in your post

[ QUOTE ]
perhaps its just me, but unless you do this I find the thread hard to navigate, and I don't want to read the whole thing

[/ QUOTE ]

Switch your preferences to Flat mode, instead of threaded and increase your posts per page, you will find thread reading ALOT easier.
Old 12-04-2006, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
im playing a little nl on there and i keep having this problem where i get an automatic sit out right after i win a pot. anyone else ever seen this? it's really irritating.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have noticed this a couple times when I would drag my cursor in the bet entry box to highlight the existing quantity to change it. Now I just click in the box and use BACKSPACE or DELETE keys to empty out the box before typing my bet. No idea why this helps but try it for yourself.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
As noted already, others have noticed that this behavior may be coming from click/dragging your cursor over the betsize box, but ending up releasing it over the tail end of the 'sit out next hand' checkbox, which extends farther than you would expect. Maybe try double clicking the text to highlight it instead and see if that solves the problem.

Which also points out an easy improvement request that they haven't done yet: make the size of the 'sit out next hand' checkbox active area much smaller so that people aren't always clicking it by mistake.

B.
Old 12-04-2006, 01:05 PM

Default .

[img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 12-04-2006, 03:12 PM

Default Re: WSEx: Official Monthly Thread: December. (#3 of 3.)

[ QUOTE ]
For the love of god - please put players names in the HH. I understand stopping datamining and advocate it, however, I would REALLY like to know who I was playing against when reviewing my own best / worst hands of a session. As it stands, I have no understanding of the context of some of my plays as I don't remember which opponent it was against.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-04-2006, 03:39 PM

Default Re: WSEx: Official Monthly Thread: December. (#3 of 3.)

put names in HHs. It just gives a bigger unfair advantage when they arent put in. Then people go underground and get programs no one knows about and most people dont have any problems. Make it a level playing field and just write the names in!
Old 12-04-2006, 03:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As noted already, others have noticed that this behavior may be coming from click/dragging your cursor over the betsize box, but ending up releasing it over the tail end of the 'sit out next hand' checkbox, which extends farther than you would expect. Maybe try double clicking the text to highlight it instead and see if that solves the problem.

[/ QUOTE ]

This explanation doesn't work in all cases. What Mike described happen's to me in limit games with some regularity and in NL games, I'm a bet size typer. I never use the bar.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:19 PM

I am slowly going back to the names in HH/PT/PAHUD crowd. If it means more players, so be it. The place is just TOO DEAD!!

Also, why hasn't WPEX considered dropping to 90% or so rakeback and using the difference for advertising? Something, anything! to increase traffic!
Old 12-04-2006, 04:32 PM

i think it's fine just the way it is. i always used pahud on party, but have no problems playing without it on wpex. also, pleae dont touch the 100% rb.
Closed Thread