Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2006, 08:53 AM

Default Re: An Ex-GF situation, do I have play?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So you're still in love with this chick. And she's jerking you around ("call me" "don't call me" "ok you can call me today" "you probably shouldn't call") while dating this guy who hates you. She probably doesn't even like the guy much.

You seriously need to get away from this girl.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is exactly what I was going to say.

If the girl is dating a guy like this and putting up with him trying to control her, chances are that she's [censored] in the head. You don't need this kind of drama in your life.

Find a new girl and move on. Being friends with ex-girlfriends almost never works out. Being friends with ex-girlfriends who have low self-esteem NEVER works out.

[/ QUOTE ]

As much as you don't want to hear this, or deny it, or put it onto her - it's true.

I know I only have 128ish or so posts, but I'm not a douche in this dept, and I know. You think she still has it for you, and you think you're just looking out for her as a friend, but you're not. You still love her. It's not wrong, it's just [censored] up for you. After 3-4 years of being broken up from a previous ex, someone I hadn't seen in years put it to me, as bluntly as ever:

"At the end of the day, she's still going home to this dude, banging this dude, sleeping with him every night, and waking up every morning with him next to her."

If I ever thought my arguement of "no no no, she's just my friend now, I care for her yadda yadda" would ever hold up, this certainly put me in my place.

You love her. It blows. I still love my ex. Just delete the number from your phone, bro. You'll never erase it from your brain, but you gotta stop going out of your way to do things for her, or it will kill you.