Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 09:10 PM

Default Re: NEW WILLIAM HILL SOFTWARE

I've been playing on Littlewoods (same network as Cryptologic), mainly whoring STT's to clear bonuses as I'm a cash donkey.

I'm trying the new software now, they seem to have fixed about three horrendously bad errors (i.e. real time pot size and ability to right click on players and use that to make notes and individually block chat).

Aside from that it's a *massive* step backwards and I've got no intention of using the network again because they've created so many more problems that it's not even funny. Unless I need to play any more to clear any outstanding bonuses or rakeback I'm pulling my entire roll from there and playing on Stars or Full Tilt exclusively.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also, how the [censored] am I supposed to see where my seat is?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it looks like there's a spot to upload an avatar. Can't see how to do it yet - maybe it will be available in the future.

Seeing a table of close-up eye avatars is pretty annoying. I'd just prefer my seat to be highlighted a different colour or something
Old 11-30-2006, 10:13 PM

I have played on this for a few hours now and I've decided I hate it, and im not even losing money on it yet. The gold chips are stupid - avatars or no avatars. WTF is the point of these, the players names are in a seperate box, they just seem to be there for decoration! They are about 20x times bigger than the players cards, and when you add this to the fact that the table is so dark, its impossible to see how many players are actually in a pot, esp. when your playing 2+ tables. Have the ppl who design these things actually played more than ten hands of online poker?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Have the ppl who design these things actually played more than ten hands of online poker?

[/ QUOTE ]

Perhaps not. The lobby is a vast improvement with the ability to select hold'em games of an appropriate limit, and with the games now ordered by number of players at least taking the software up to where most other sites are.

I don't dislike the look of the new tables at all, but I hate at-a-glance
1) not being able to see where I am sitting
2) not being able to see whose action it is.

Moving the little line counting down the time remaining from under the person who is thinking isn't smart either.

Plusses and minuses, but I'll keep playing there I think ...
Old 12-01-2006, 07:28 AM

Default gametime not working

and Gametime plus doesn't overlay properly. The tables are always on top of the stats.

I have to move the stats to the SIDES of the tables to view them - but then I can't multitable.

Anyone know a fix for this?

I got PAHUD last week and with much fiddling, I couldn't get it to function properly on the old software.

Now Crypto's been changed - has anyone got PAHUD to work as normal (except for the need for an updated layout manager)?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:55 AM

Default Re: gametime not working

[ QUOTE ]
and Gametime plus doesn't overlay properly. The tables are always on top of the stats.

I have to move the stats to the SIDES of the tables to view them - but then I can't multitable.

Anyone know a fix for this?

I got PAHUD last week and with much fiddling, I couldn't get it to function properly on the old software.

Now Crypto's been changed - has anyone got PAHUD to work as normal (except for the need for an updated layout manager)?

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, after a lot of messing around, I got the stats without flickering near the seats, so it's readable.

I still hate not being able to see where I sit or whose turn it is, and peering at those ridiculous small numbers gave me a headache. The graphics suck a lot.
Old 12-02-2006, 02:32 PM

Did you notice that Pokerace doesn't work with the "Lightning" tables any more!
Old 12-03-2006, 02:51 PM

This "downgrade" is totally horrible. I cannot believe people actually got paid to come up with this cr@p.

I have edited the 3 jpeg files that make up the table, stupid chip circles around the player and other graphics and made them totally black.

It makes it just about playable to me, but the players cards look like they are someone elses half the time. And I have seen loads of chat slating the new look.

All in all very disapointing and I have moved a lot of my action to the Paddypower and Ladbrokes.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:23 PM

The players cards are so small !!!
[img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2006, 09:42 AM

They have reduced the table window size. I now have no overlay when 4 tabling @1600x1200. I would prefer the overlay [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]