Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 12:12 AM

Default Re: TRUE Carpal/Tunnel

[ QUOTE ]
Fgators,

You ask me what you can do to be a better player all the time, so here are some answers.

Play less tables.

Play to win money, not FPPs.

Focus on being a better player, not playing lots of tables.

Recognize that you are clearly doing something VERY wrong if you are getting beaten at nl 200 like this. It is not bad luck, it is YOU.

Get pokertracker, and import every single hand you have played.

You always say that you learn best when things are clearly instructed to you. Abandon this. Learn poker through experience and by wisdom of better players on how to analyze the game. Not on what to do when xyz happens, but on what factors should lead to those decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN TO FGATORS, I'M SURE YOU'RE PERFECT AND HAVE NEVER MISPLAYED A HAND IN YOUR LIFE
Old 12-03-2006, 01:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
i play the worst poker of my life while under the influence
Old 12-03-2006, 01:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
get a social life n00b

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-03-2006, 04:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Fgators,

You ask me what you can do to be a better player all the time, so here are some answers.

Play less tables.

Recognize that you are clearly doing something VERY wrong if you are getting beaten at nl 200 like this. It is not bad luck, it is YOU.

You always say that you learn best when things are clearly instructed to you. Abandon this. Learn poker through experience and by wisdom of better players on how to analyze the game. Not on what to do when xyz happens, but on what factors should lead to those decisions.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have dropped tables. I am def. buying ptracker tomorrow. and when you get the opportunity look at my hands and hopefully find some leaks b/c I don't see any that should stop me from winning at $1/2 NL. I hope you do. I've lost about $12k in total hands where I am a monster fav. int he last month.

People act like I'm callling off stacks without a monster. yeah i'm calling off $200 with JJ on AK8 board lol.

I either get coolered or bad beat in big or medium sized pots.
Old 12-03-2006, 04:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Fgators,

Play less tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

WHY ARE YOU BEING SO MEAN TO FGATORS, I'M SURE YOU'RE PERFECT AND HAVE NEVER MISPLAYED A HAND IN YOUR LIFE

[/ QUOTE ]

I misplay hands. I'm sure I misplay a fair amount...but for the people that tell me I suck and can't beat $1/2 thats a total joke. ask the $1/2 NL regs how I run on pstars. there is no reason why I shouldn't beat $1/2 for $300+ an hour.
Old 12-03-2006, 05:12 AM

pokertracker+pokerace HUD=teh win. I 3 or 4 table since I find I still am able to pay attention to what's going on at each table. Any more than that and it seems like overkill and I'm sure I would go down in hourly rate. The HUD stats seem to help well when it comes to heads up play postflop, loose=dont bluff at pot and bet when you hit, nit=bluff if it looks like a takedown, make bets you think he calls when you have a hand. I dont see you making any of these moves since you really can't pay attention to any particular player without stats on them and multitabling so many tables. You pretty much have to peg every player at "default".

I haven't exactly been running that well and I don't know how a good player can't be a winner at stars, especially with such a huge sampe size variance shouldn't be the issue.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is no reason why I shouldn't beat $1/2 for $300+ an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

lawllsss
Old 12-03-2006, 11:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
there is no reason why I shouldn't beat $1/2 for $300+ an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think your winrate is over 15PTBB/100, especially 12 tabling...
Old 12-03-2006, 11:59 AM

gator- I dont know if you respect my opinion or not but heres my advice....

- Stop blaming it on luck. Things will tend to even out in the end. There are alot of people that I know on internet and in real life that always talk about bad beats, and I feel like telling them to shut the hell up. First step is to realize you are not unluckier then me. The cards will even themselves out in the end so stop worrying about stuff you can not control. I hope you can return to sensiblity with your outlook on poker.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
181k.. W.T.F.

[/ QUOTE ]