Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-03-2006, 12:50 AM

Default Re: * Official * Turning Stone Roll Call

I got semi-coolered making a call that is good in the long run, but I'd rather bust 22nd when 15 (edit: 20) spots pay, playing to winn 56k, than folding what's the best hand most of the time to get 1500-4k, I'm no kush/clayton, so I get nothing, oh man how I wish I was one of them with $1500 wrappted up instead!
Old 12-03-2006, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What the [censored] guys?

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-03-2006, 01:32 AM

deal? wtf [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2006, 03:09 AM

clayton on rays computer before i fall asleep

i have a few faulty reasons for my decision making regarding chopping, so here they are. i know hindsight being 20/20 i would have decided otherwise

1) awake 30 consecutive hours
2) having 30bb (30k) and the three stacks to my DIRECT left all LAGGY chipleaders with like 80k, 110k, and 100k. ie gonna be harder to own the bubble
3) peer pressure, with EVERYONE wanting to chop and me naturally being a nice guy. If me, kush, or jcmoussa's friend, ANYONE affiliated with 2p2 have a 100k+ stack, everyone was gonna keep playing. but were all short (relatively)
4) me being backed by you-know-who, i forgot to factor my share was *profit*. again, i blame the lack of sleep

also a few additional reasons. i wish i listened to randal and tdome when the 20 ppl left came around, but at this point everyone seemed dead set on it. i wish you know who was down there to order me not to chop. i was very conflicted in what the best option was on my lack of sleep and such.

anyways after losing a 4k pot to kush in the worst live play of my life, i played maybe the best live poker of my career thus far and built 1k @ 50/75 up to 30k @ 100-200 (and it would have been 45k if SMITTYMATT DIDNT [censored] FOLD BOTTOM GODDAM SET OMFG NH SITNGO PLAYER) and ive carried it to final 20, 30k blinds @ 500-1k. I plan on winning. I am gunning for this trophy, and I would really appreciate it if instead of you guys being mad at yourselves and mad at us for not chopping, to instead please support me kush and other people that know 2p2ers (im sry guy that was sitting across from kush at the emerald, i forgot your name). im sorry but ive been berated for what seems like 5 straight hours to my face, and though its tough love im really pissed tbh, enough so that im winning this trophy out of spite for my lack of good judgement otherwise.

WE WANT A RAIL. POKER ROOM NOON PLZ KTHX.

clayton (awake for 32 straight hours i think)
Old 12-03-2006, 05:00 AM

GL, Clayton. People make mistakes, it's not the end of the world. Plus, if you look at how your EV was affected it really isn't THAT big of a mistake. Not like playing HU for 280K Euro and completely botching the last two hands. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Seriosuly, gl, get some sleep and stop worrying about the past. From now on make the best decisions that you can and SHIP IT!
Old 12-03-2006, 06:42 AM

I think it was a retarded deal, and consenting to it without even talking to your backer just to be the 'nice guy' is not only -EV but absolutely ridiculous. It's not even your money that you gave away.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:28 AM

WWGD - What would gobbo do? Someone make bracelets.

That being said I wish Clayton, Jon, and Kush the best of luck. We really just want the best for you, and it sucks to see such spewing of EV. Live bubbles are [censored] incredible. I didn't realize how nuts they were til I rejected that "bubble deal" and played it out myself last Sunday in the $260. Easy easy money.

I guess there are factors I couldn't witness myself (lack of sleep), but removing arguably the most profitable part of a live tournament is not smart.

Enough deal talk, go [censored] win.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:24 AM

meh, it's done now, not cool bu it's over

gl tomorrow clayton.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:30 AM

I haven't read all the posts, just the last page or two, but from the jist of it sounds like people are saying its a bad deal because Clayton can own the bubble and what not, but people just don't understand who is at the table. Yes if this was your normal $200-500 Turning Stone tourney making a chop here is a bad idea with 30 BBs, but when you have 3 people behind you that include Kush, an older guy who so unpredictable its insane (and about 150 BBs), and then a complete lagtard behind him that literally will get in there with any 2 and has about 55 BBs, and you won't be owning any kind of bubble. Granted the deal was a no brainer for me because I have 14 BBs plus the type of table described, but I've also been known to fold my way to wins [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

I think in Clayton's spot there is no wrong answer, taking, or declining the offer are both ok, but I do agree that you should always talk to your backer(s) before a deal goes down just to at least get their input. I personally think anyone that says this a no-brainer no deal just don't understand the dynamics of the table right now, and $1500 is well... $1500, its better than sitting there for 14 hours to get nothing after you get like 17th, esp when you are on zero sleep like Clayton & myself.

Anyways, I'll be the kid 1 to Claytons right, feel free to come cheer and/or heckle [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img].
Old 12-03-2006, 12:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
when you have 3 people behind you that include Kush, an older guy who so unpredictable its insane (and about 150 BBs), and then a complete lagtard behind him that literally will get in there with any 2 and has about 55 BBs, you won't be owning any kind of bubble.

[/ QUOTE ]
I was the player with kush and the two giant stacks directly to my left at 500-1000 100 with 18.5k.
This is exactly what I was thinking when I decided the chop was not tremendously -EV for me.