Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 02:09 AM

Default checkraise semibluff line check

FYI I meant to bet the river here. [censored] misclick.

MP is LAGgy preflop but loose passive postflop, 48/22/0.7 postflop over 66 hands. He will bet his draws but will slow down to aggression.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (2.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB
Old 02-06-2006, 02:18 AM

Default Re: checkraise bluff line check

[ QUOTE ]
FYI I meant to bet the river here. [censored] misclick.

MP is LAGgy preflop but loose passive postflop, 48/22/0.7 postflop over 66 hands. He will bet his draws but will slow down to aggression.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (2.33 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls.

Turn: (2.16 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP checks.

Final Pot: 6.16 BB

[/ QUOTE ]

You are out of position. If you check raise he will call with any draw. the check-raise is just a waste of money. What were you thinking here? Just bet the turn. Do you really think your opponent will fold to a turn check raise?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 02-06-2006, 02:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What were you thinking here? Just bet the turn. Do you really think your opponent will fold to a turn check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaddup TT.

I'm working on finding places to be more aggressive and extract extra bets. I was thinking that I probably had the best hand with the ace high. He calls with a draw and I get an extra bet.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

What were you thinking here? Just bet the turn. Do you really think your opponent will fold to a turn check raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whaddup TT.

I was thinking that I probably had the best hand with the ace high. He calls with a draw and I get an extra bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

How often do you think your hand is good here? Are you a mind reader now, you know that your A high is good here? This is a far ahead/far behind situation, so do you really want to get an extra bet, or do you want to protect your hand? You spewed chips, plain and simple.

Old 02-06-2006, 05:50 AM

Default Re: checkraise semibluff line check

Anyone else raise preflop?

I don't like the turn c/r here. I personally save it for TAGs when I happen to turn a decent draw (i.e. flush draw w/ overs) and think the TAG may not have much.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:57 AM

I always raise preflop
Old 02-06-2006, 06:26 AM

I don't get why you think you're ahead on the turn. I would say a K is a likely card for a 48 vpip in mp...

Also if he is betting a draw, why do you want to slow him down?
Old 02-06-2006, 10:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...but loose passive postflop. He will bet his draws but will slow down to aggression.

[/ QUOTE ]

So, he'll bet his draws as well as almost any piece of the board that he has post-flop. Since we don't know which it is this time, just bet the turn and check-call the river UI. You're simply trying too hard here to move the WRONG opponent off of a hand.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:36 PM

You need to raise this preflop, you probably have the best hand and need to charge 48vpip man an extra SB to see the flop. This also gives you the initiative in the hand, when you fire again on the flop it is difficult was him to call with nothing, and the pot is still small he won't have odds to draw to much.

The turn CR is spewing IMO. The fact that his postflop aggression is so low, I think he would have checked this through if he didn't have anything. Also look at the size of the pot, it's 2BB, definately not worth this sort of play against this kind of opponent, he isn't folding.

And then you say you meant to bet the river? Why?? If he had a 5, he just hit his straight. If he has any pair, you are beat. He is very passive, if you check to him, he will often check hands that beat you and you get to see a free showdown. I don't think you are ahead here enough of the time (55%?), given the play of the hand, to bet for value. He is never going to call with anything you beat, either, betting seems futile.