Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2006, 11:43 PM

Default Re: ***Official Buffalo Sabres 2006-07 Thread***

they are middle of the pack in GAA, and they are missing two rather key defensive players.

their weakness is giveaways. bound to happen (and improve) with 6 rookies in the lineup like tonight, but still. giving up too many chances.
Old 11-23-2006, 09:51 PM

On track for 137 points for the year...

...hope we can squeak out a playoff spot
Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 PM

Look for a trade to Shore up the D line and make cap space. The Sabres can't sent Ryan back down without him clearing waivers. There is basically zero chance of that happening.

Plus the Sabres have been heavily scouted all yeard by Chicago and Denver. One name that keeps coming up is Seabroook from Chicago poissibly for Khalinin. But, i can't see Chicago giving up Seabrook.

I'd be suprised if something doesn't happen though.
Old 11-23-2006, 11:19 PM

can they just put peters on waivers? or trade him and like a 4th round draft pick for nothing?

stealthcow-
Old 11-23-2006, 11:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
can they just put peters on waivers? or trade him and like a 4th round draft pick for nothing?

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But, if they wave him and he is not picked up his salary goes against our cap.
Old 11-24-2006, 12:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Look for a trade to Shore up the D line and make cap space. The Sabres can't sent Ryan back down without him clearing waivers. There is basically zero chance of that happening.

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything I've read says he's good until he plays 10 games or 30 days. They wouldn't have called him up otherwise. I don't think they do anything until they hit the cap limit.
Old 11-24-2006, 02:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. But, if they wave him and he is not picked up his salary goes against our cap.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is incorrect. The Sabres still have to pay his salary, but he does not count against the cap.

The Sabres probably shouldn't care if Michael Ryan does or does not get picked up on waivers, given that he will be 27 when the Sabres are still playing this spring and hasn't exactly torn up the minor leagues either. Considering that many 21 and 22 year olds play in the AHL, a 27 year old player dominating them is not at all surprising. I guess maybe he's an assistant captain or captain of the Amerks?
Old 12-03-2006, 01:11 AM

Crappy game tonight against the Caps. Unfortunately one of the two Sabres games I get to go to this year is a loss. Hopefully Ovechkin gets suspended for his cheap shot at Briere.

20-4-2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2006, 02:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Crappy game tonight against the Caps. Unfortunately one of the two Sabres games I get to go to this year is a loss. Hopefully Ovechkin gets suspended for his cheap shot at Briere.

20-4-2 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you listen to Washington fans and commentators, Ovechkin barely touched him (with an elbow in the back of the neck), Briere dove (facefirst into the door to the bench), and Gaustad was too rough on Ovechkin (who according to the AP "didn't throw a punch in retaliation").

Ovechkin, who I loved last year and this year and was excited by the goal he scored on Miller in the first (boy, he turned Paetsch inside out), is going to be another Darcy Tucker, a pest who will take a cheap shot when he can and then refuse to back it up with his fists.

I'm not saying that Briere has never taken a dive before (which I think is pretty common - I heard Rick Martin on the radio a few weeks back insinuate that even he had), but he practically had one foot on the bench and was wayyy out of play. Ovechkin should be suspended and probably won't because the NHL fellates their superstars like no other league. In fact, considering the dive that Zednik took later in the game the Caps have no ground to stand on. It was obvious that he was trying to draw a penalty on Kalinin. Nice of the coach to sit him out the rest of the game for effect.

And no, I'm not just bitter about the loss. The Caps had the game in hand wayyyy before all this BS, and I would have nothing but nice things to say if they played the rest of the game clean - hell, I would probably be on here saying "damn, I hope they don't end up the 8 seed."

Though it would've been interesting to see how it turned out with the Goose and Mair available for the whole game.
Old 12-03-2006, 02:55 AM

Great - why do I feel like WGR is going to be talking about this 24/7 next week?