Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 06:19 PM

Default How do you play this guy? $25 NL

I know this type is few and far between, but when you find this type at your table, villian should be very exploitable. The question is how to best exploit this type of player?

Villian is 93/60/9.93 (VPIP/PFR/AGG) over 120+ hands and we have position in a 6-max full table. Also, villian is deep w/3x the max buy-in (looks like a big fat ATM [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]).

I have lots of thoughts of my own, and did well against villian, but I doubt my strategy was optimal. I think it would be interesting to get some of your thoughts on maximizing our edge against this type of player.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:26 PM

Default Re: How do you play this guy? $25 NL

question: how big is your stack? This will affect what strategy I take.

100bb, I'm looking to re-raise premium pp's, AK/AQ or calling with hands that have good implied odds. If you flop something marginal, I'd just dump it and wait for the next hand. Only continue if you are drawing to the winner or if you flop a monster.

200bb, I might think about re-raising any pp, and just calling w/ AK/AQ as your reverse implied odds go up. However, it depends how much villain is betting after the flop. If he bets big, I'd probably just call w/ AK-AQ.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:55 PM

Try to see a lot of hands cheaply. Let him do the betting. You need to make your decisions on the flop as any hand you may have to play for your stack. Get out on the flop or go all the way.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:28 PM

Here's some more info, which makes it easier: He likes to donk pot after calling a raise or reraise. Also, he tends to slow-play larger hands.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Here's some more info, which makes it easier: He likes to donk pot after calling a raise or reraise. Also, he tends to slow-play larger hands.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the classic Maniac strong/weak tell. They bet out with their weak hands, and look to trap with their monsters. Just wait patiently to flop and hand, and let him do the betting for you.