Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2006, 03:01 AM

Default Re: MyTurn\'s week 14 NCAAF picks (11/30-12/2)

I might be a little biased here, but I think the matchups really favor Georgia Tech in this one, and I think that they should be able to get the victory.

The two losses for Wake this year were both against defensive-oriented teams that pounded the ball on offense in Clemson and Virginia Tech. Georgia Tech certainly fits that bill as they rank 35th in rushing behind ACC leading rusher Tashard Choice, rank 11th in rushing defense and rank 8th in pass efficiency defense.

Also, from a fade the public standpoint, everyone in the country knows that Reggie Ball looked like a HS quarterback last week when the Jackets got embarrassed on national TV, and will likely be on Wake for that reason and that reason alone. Also, Atlanta's closer to Jacksonville than Winston-Salem is, so I'd expect GT to have at least some home advantage.

Of course, I think I'm about 30% on my ACC picks this year, so feel free to take Wake if you've got reason to do so. I think 2.5's pretty close to a fair line anyway; I wouldn't set it any higher than 3.5 or 4.
Old 11-29-2006, 06:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wake getting 2.5 points? You sure that's not a mistake line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would it be a mistake? Wake is the only 10-2 team I've ever seen that gives up more yards than they gain. Factor in strength of schedule and big game experience and I'm on Georgia Tech here.

I'm also taking Florida's better balanced offense and stingy run D over Arkansas. I may go with MT2R on Oklahoma although Nebraska seems to be a bit underrated. Think I'll wait on that one for now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Big game experience? Tech has played three big games this season (ND, Clemson, UGA) and lost each one. Only mildly important win was VT, and Ball did his best to give that one away. And it doesn't matter how bad Wake's defense is. Ball will make them look like an All-American squad.
Old 11-29-2006, 07:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everyone in the country knows that Reggie Ball looked like a HS quarterback the last four years.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp
Old 11-29-2006, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
everyone in the country knows that Reggie Ball looked like a Pop-Warner quarterback the last four years.

[/ QUOTE ]

fyp

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-01-2006, 08:36 PM

Default Hawaii/ OSU

Any analysis on the OSU/Hawaii game? You nailed the Purdue pick last week. Are we looking at a similar game this week?
Old 12-01-2006, 09:04 PM

Default Re: Hawaii/ OSU

I'm staying away. Sagarin seems to suggest Oregon State but FEI says Hawaii by 17.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:14 AM

If I could count on Oregon St having motivation for this game I'd take the points. But with their bowl bid locked up and having beaten their arch rival last week it looks like more of a vacation than anything else.

That being said, I'm also not laying over a TD with a Hawaii team who has struggled against every decent major conference team they have played. It's a pass for me.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:45 PM

yeah but they've beaten everyone at home by at least a TD. buy it down to -6.5 and enjoy a win.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:58 PM

3rd best team in the Pac10 whose strength is pass defense verse Hawaii....moneyline on the Beavers
Old 12-02-2006, 05:45 PM

Wake Forest/Georgia Tech U41.5 (in Jacksonville)
Wake Forest +2.5 v Georgia Tech (in Jacksonville)

Wake Forest 9 Georgia Tech 6 <font color="green">WIN WIN </font>

Well, it was lower scoring than even I expected as the weather stopped Wake Forest from making sharp cuts on their end runs, reverses, and double reverses. Calvin Johnson also had his second poor game of the year missing an easy pass, tipping the ball up for a pick, and not making multiple drop-the-jaw plays.

good start to the week

2-0 week 14