Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-02-2006, 12:42 PM

Default Nine.com Book Bug (Beware)

Nine.com has a serious software issue which I consider a bug, and their support will do nothing about it, however my wager was refunded this instance but I'm led to believe it would not have been had it been a lesser amount since I am a first time bettor with them.

How many of you make a couple selections on a book, click "next" to review what your payout would be before you decide to "confirm" your wager? Well, I don't just make selections in the span of a second, and especially when teasing multi-teams or parlaying, I often will click "back" and perhaps make a change or two.

I select 7 teams to tease, I click "next" after entering my wager amount, at that point a screen pops up listing my wagers and asking me to confirm them by clicking "Finalize". I click "back" on the browser window, I review my selections, I go to enter a wager amount again only to realize it deducted my [censored] wager!

Apparently, the "finalize wager" button is just for show, if you do not physically cancel your wager within 90 seconds of placing it (click an array of square boxes next to each team) and click "finalize", somehow the system will mistake it as you clicking "Finalize" and take your damned wager anyway? What kind of [censored] is that?

Support told me with their software you are not able to review your selections before confirming, ridiculous.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:06 PM

Default Re: Nine.com Book Bug (Beware)

Stop using your back button?
Old 12-02-2006, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So you believe pressing "back" on the browser is a suitable replacement for "confirm wager"? Also, if you do not confirm wager within 90 seconds, it "confirms itself". Perhaps thats acceptable to you.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
So you believe pressing "back" on the browser is a suitable replacement for "confirm wager"? Also, if you do not confirm wager within 90 seconds, it "confirms itself". Perhaps thats acceptable to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

It does not "confirm itself". I use their software also. Its the exact same as VIP. Their software has a bug, which you alerted everyone too. The clear solution since they don't wanna fix it is to not use the back button. I mean you gotta work with what you got.
Old 12-02-2006, 01:44 PM

Well the fine writing below the wager review screen says "you have 90 seconds to authorize this wager" or something of the like. I was only assuming that if you do nothing it confirms itself, since the "back" acted as finalize, and support informed me you must physically cancel the wager by checking each box. Perhaps that's the only glitch, I'm new to the site and will be leaving faster than a speeding bullet after Sunday.