Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 10:32 AM

Default Re: Deep Stacked tourneys - best (& cheapest!) way to get experience?

Great. Thanks for the info, and thanks to everyone for the replies. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than play a deep stacked limit game, too, but that's just me. ;-p Anyway, I played the deep stack game on PS, enjoyed it, don't remember where I came in, because I ended up having to pick a friend up from work, so.... I think I'm sticking to the 180 person PS MTTs - I've only played two so far, with good success (ITM both times, 1 final table), but obviously that's no sort of indication of how well I'll do.. anyway.. rambling now. Thanks all.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Great. Thanks for the info, and thanks to everyone for the replies. I'd rather gouge my eyes out with a spoon than play a deep stacked limit game, too, but that's just me. ;-p Anyway, I played the deep stack game on PS, enjoyed it, don't remember where I came in, because I ended up having to pick a friend up from work, so.... I think I'm sticking to the 180 person PS MTTs - I've only played two so far, with good success (ITM both times, 1 final table), but obviously that's no sort of indication of how well I'll do.. anyway.. rambling now. Thanks all.

[/ QUOTE ]

you shouldn't have answered your phone
Old 12-02-2006, 12:26 PM

Yah, now I know... horrible bad beat last night on the bubble of a 180, so I'll probably try a deep stack next time I have some free time. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2006, 02:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The deepest stacks I know at Full Tilt are those double stack where you get 3000 chips and 10 min. blind levels. The blinds don't increase that much each time, though, I guess it's standard. Still compared to every other online tournament I have ever played these give you a ton of leeway to make decisions besides bet/fold. They used to be SNG structure but just changed to MTT structure. I'd like to say my success has increased with the change but no can do...still I recommend them more than regular MTTS or SNGs

[/ QUOTE ]

Took a $5 one of these down this morning, they are great now that Full Tilt has changed the structure to their MTT structure with 10 min blinds and ante's etc. Took 3.5 hours, but was good for $100, sweet for a small stakes player like me [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]