FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 11:16 PM

Default Re: New Fight Question

martial arts, its not close
Old 12-01-2006, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

These guys are wearing gloves. David said no gloves.

That brings them down a notch, unless they also have a lot of expierence bare fisted.

And it's one of the reasons I rated the boxer last.

[/ QUOTE ]
believe it or not the gloves are not fused to the fighters hands. they come off with relitive ease

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the urls, but . . .

My point above is that if they usually use gloves, their fists will take more of a beating that they are used to (and train for). This is even more of a problem for the boxer who uses even bigger gloves.

Of course their punches will hurt more too.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:23 PM

Out of curiosity how much experience do you guys have fighting? Other than casual observance and skin deep research into fighting styles, how many of you have been in a fight? Trust me... once you get hit your preconcieved notions of strategy and tactics hit the floor.

In a fight with these warriors we must consider how each is trained to fight. Worlds best boxer - trained to endure unbelievable amounts of blows to the head and torso, the most seasoned could be arguably nearly impossible to knockout, these guys are tough, and know how to pace a good punch combination for a fight, or how to extract a knockout from a weaker opponent (not an option in this fight, considering everyone is already an "elite" athlete.

Karate or martial artists, believe it or not these arts are probably 80% self-discipline and training and onl 20% ( if that ) of real combat. I would want this man to be my training partner, but I wouldn't bet on him, he just doesn't have the raw ability to maintain control (and proper technique) under a rain of punch and kicks combos.

Streetfighter or Gang member, if there is one thing any streetfighter knows, it is that you don't fight fair, why, because its not conducive to a quick victory with minimal damage to you (less reason to put yourself in the hospital the better for the fighter) so here I don't think this person would succeed well, because although they are probably high up in sheer toughness, I doubt they have the skills to apply effective debilitating / incapacitating / fatal blows to multiple skilled opponents.

UFC fighter, well this fighter just by nature of his sport (MMA) is going to be the best well rounded hand to hand fighter, an extreme challenge to all other contenders, however their tactics are generally towards submitions or knockouts, both of which are going to be single opponent only, other than my choice for victor, I believe this fighter would simply not go down unless killed or incapacitated.

The Navy SEAL, from what I've gathered you guys are mostly referencing published information about their first phase of training, BUD/S. I agree, most of their combat training later on IS weapons based, I disagree based upon personal experience. To better prepare myself for SEAL training I had an interview with a former SEAL and a recent BUD/S graduate. Before they even picked up a rifle or knife they learned hand to hand combat, but not how to wear an opponent down or submit him so he quits, they are trained to kill. Thats why I put him as the victor, he doesn't fiddle around if this a real fight, he is going to try to kill his opponents as fast as possible, my SEAL friend said "We weren't trained to fight, we were trained to kill." Thats why I put them as the top, plus I feel they are equally if not better conditioned athletes than UFC fighters, but regardless of raw athleticism SEALs have this rare attitude that no other warriors on the planet can claim with 100% confidence, SEALs never quit, ever, their training is designed to root out those who do. That simple, SEALs won't quit, and I don't think he would lose.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:31 PM

so you think some monk who beats his fists to blood every single day to kill the nerves will quit?
Old 12-01-2006, 11:32 PM

You guys realize UFC is MMA which is mixed martial arts. The best fighters in the UFC/Pride are well versed in a wide array of martial arts. To think someone of a single discipline could beat someone who cross trains is stupid.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 PM

Many of your observations apply to good fighters in each discipline.

We're talking about the best 5 in the world here.

Imo, that moves the UF and Martial Arts guy way up in your comparisons.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:40 PM

and the ufc guy trains too kill too. his moves are very deadly it's just that the ref and the sport the objective is not to kill your opponent. but in a life and death situation it's not hard to uses the death move used in the ring to cause actual death. when a fighter uses a choke hold in the ring the oponent taps out and he wins, if he doesnt let go the guy will die. if he ko's you the ref steps in and it's over. but in a death match he ko's you and then keeps hiting you till you die. the ufc moves are deadly but not used to kill in the sport. i don't see why this is so hard to figure out.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:45 PM

Anyone saying Martial Artist is retarded. UFC is essentially Muai Thai/Brazilian Jiu Jitsu/wrestling. Martial Artist vs MMA fighter has been done numerous times and the Martial Artists do not fare well.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:48 PM

But this is the SINGLE BEST martial artist in the world, i could be wrong but i doubt the best martial artists in the world are fighting MMA fighters.
Old 12-01-2006, 11:49 PM

Remove the gloves.

Broaden the rules.

Increase the size of the fighting area.

Then what?