Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2006, 01:03 AM

Default Re: ###OFFICIAL SUPERBOWL XL THREAD###

I'm rich, bitch,

Seahawks fans/haters can suck it.

Anyone who roots against the black and gold is a poser.

Sorry to you poor bastards!

black

and

gold.

-James
Old 02-06-2006, 01:03 AM

Potential avatar for Steeler fans

Old 02-06-2006, 01:13 AM

I wonder if the Seahawks now get a free pass on ripping the officiating like Joey Porter did vs Indy, (which just happens to be one of the stupidest rulings ever.)

And not that Porter was stellar tonight, but Stevens should just never talk again.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Best thing about 2005-2006 season

Now we'll never have to hear about "will they retire" for Bettis or Farve.
They're both done.

Congrats to Pittsburgh

[/ QUOTE ]

Not sure that Farve is really gonna quit. I think he's coming back for one more, and maybe not with the Packers. And I'm definitely not saying he should be coming back, just that he probably is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who the [censored] is Farve???
Old 02-06-2006, 01:51 AM

OK here's my 2 cents on the game. Yes, the refs were terrible. Yes, the calls favored the Steelers. I was watching the game with about 6 or 7 people who were all rooting for the Steelers and they all agreed that the refs were screwing over the Seahawks. It was a joke. The offensive pass interference was terrible. The holding calls were cheap. The personal foul on Hasselbeck was by far the worst of the bunch.

Unfortunately, I have seen worse. Unfortunately, it has come this postseason. Unfortunately, it came in the past couple postseasons. The officiating definitely needs to be addressed big time this offseason. You cannot have an NFL where the officials have a big say in the outcome of the games. You cannot have some officials calling weak push-offs and some not calling them. You cannot have some officials calling cheap holdings and some not calling them. Everyone has to be on the same page. Officials calls are too important in football to have these kinds of problems. It is a shame.

That said, the Seahawks must first blame themselves. Jeremy Stevens got what he deserved for opening his big mouth. He was absolutely disgusting out there. A couple missed field goals, not easy kicks by any stretch but you have to come up big to win a Super Bowl. Allowing a 75 yard touchdown by a practically untouched Willie Parker simply cannot happen. This was the most important game in these guys' lives and some of them didn't come through when they needed to. Even Hasselbeck should take some blame, though I do feel he was outstanding tonight, for terrible clock management at the end of both halves. These are crucial times and having mental breakdowns are simply inexcusable.

I must also recognize the Steelers as they deserve every bit of this Super Bowl title. I do feel like the Seahawks are the better team, but the Steelers make the plays when they need to. They have brilliant coaching and it showed tonight. That reverse pass by Randal-El was a thing of beauty. The D did a solid job containing Shaun Alexander. Roethlesberger was not sharp by any stretch tonight but he made some heady plays. Hines Ward was the best player on the field tonight, period. Hasselbeck was a close second, but Ward made some big plays at big times.

OK I guess that was a little more than 2 cents worth but I just had to get all that out.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:54 AM

Good post.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody thinking the steelers can win superbowl 40, needs to have their head examined.
3 hours til the trouncing begins.
seahawks win, i have already guaranteed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, we've seen the hawks and their crap opponents. They have no chance. None. Zip. Shaun is overrated (my sister can run behind that o-line). But o-lines don't win post-seasons (ask Denver, Indy, and Cincy). Defenses and QBs win.

Sorry but it's not even close. Don't waste any bets on Seahawks. If you have to bet, and you refuse to bet on Pittsburgh, go to Party BJ, where you get better odds than betting on the Hawks.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-06-2006, 02:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
anybody thinking the steelers can win superbowl 40, needs to have their head examined.
3 hours til the trouncing begins.
seahawks win, i have already guaranteed it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude, we've seen the hawks and their crap opponents. They have no chance. None. Zip. Shaun is overrated (my sister can run behind that o-line). But o-lines don't win post-seasons (ask Denver, Indy, and Cincy). Defenses and QBs win.

Sorry but it's not even close. Don't waste any bets on Seahawks. If you have to bet, and you refuse to bet on Pittsburgh, go to Party BJ, where you get better odds than betting on the Hawks.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Defenses and QB's win Post seasons? O-lines don't win in post-season

Hmm..

Super bowl wins by best O-Line in NFL in 90's: 5 minimum, Dallas, Denver. Not sure who would be considered best now, likely Seattle, but Seattle's line did a pretty good job tonight.

Seattle net yards: 396
Roethlisberger's Stat Line:
Passing: 9/21 123 0 2 QB Rating 22.6
Rushing: 7 carries for 25 yards, 1 "TD"

I see why you have 2 stars. Learn to post better.
Old 02-06-2006, 02:12 AM

Cross-posted form a thread in Sports Betting, since this thread has so much more traffic:

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, someone's going to have to explain to me the fuss over the offensive pass interference call. The receiver clearly pushed off, extending his right arm (from the defenders chest) as he broke to his left while the pass was in the air, thus preventing the defender from being able to make a play on the ball. That's text-book interference, and he did it two feet from the ref.

That he didn't push off with a lot of force is irrelevant, as is the fact that the defender probably couldn't have made a play regardless. That the play occurred in the Super Bowl is even more irrelevant, if that's possible. A penalty is a penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 02-06-2006, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Cross-posted form a thread in Sports Betting, since this thread has so much more traffic:

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, someone's going to have to explain to me the fuss over the offensive pass interference call. The receiver clearly pushed off, extending his right arm (from the defenders chest) as he broke to his left while the pass was in the air, thus preventing the defender from being able to make a play on the ball. That's text-book interference, and he did it two feet from the ref.

That he didn't push off with a lot of force is irrelevant, as is the fact that the defender probably couldn't have made a play regardless. That the play occurred in the Super Bowl is even more irrelevant, if that's possible. A penalty is a penalty.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he DID'NT push off, he semi-swiped away the defender's arm from him. The defender extended his arm to the reciever.

It is MORE relevant because in the Super Bowl;
A: The refs are supposed to be the best of the best.
2: The refs have access to many more angles when replays are used, (although this call is not reviewable).
C: In the Super Bowl, there is a bit of an unwritten rule that you "let the players play" a bit more with regard to incendental contact. It's done in the NBA all the time; just ask MJ and Bryon Russell.