Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 10:23 PM

Default Re: New Fight Question

the martial arts guys never do well in UFC
Old 12-01-2006, 10:23 PM

Wrestlers are notoriusly good fighters because of their ability to take down and control an opponent, its a important part of fighting.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]

undoubtedly, the navy seal would be in the best shape of all of them

[/ QUOTE ]what? ufc fighters work out 5-8 hours a day every day. they would definatly be in the best shape of all.

Old 12-01-2006, 10:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you wasted your time on this too, because apparently you never heard of a takedown. Explain how you stomp on someones head when they have mounted you and are bashing your head in with elbows. Apparently you think while fighting people just dive to the ground and lay there waiting for their opponents to stomp them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to make obnoxious posts you should at least take care to fully comprehend the argument you're responding to.

It's not the guy who is getting choked out or whatever who is stomping on the UFC fighter's head, it's the other three guys who suddenly see the other two on the ground.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:28 PM

I dont think people are giving the pure martial artists enough credit, those guys are fricken quick and probaly can do some major damage with moves that arent allowed in UFC (so therefore UFC guys dont practice).
Old 12-01-2006, 10:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry you wasted your time on this too, because apparently you never heard of a takedown. Explain how you stomp on someones head when they have mounted you and are bashing your head in with elbows. Apparently you think while fighting people just dive to the ground and lay there waiting for their opponents to stomp them.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you're going to make obnoxious posts you should at least take care to fully comprehend the argument you're responding to.

It's not the guy who is getting choked out or whatever who is stomping on the UFC fighter's head, it's the other three guys who suddenly see the other two on the ground.

[/ QUOTE ]

I apoologize I thought the argument was based on 1 v 1 fights, if its everyone fighting at the same then this alters things greatly.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

undoubtedly, the navy seal would be in the best shape of all of them

[/ QUOTE ]what? ufc fighters work out 5-8 hours a day every day. they would definatly be in the best shape of all.

[/ QUOTE ]goddamnit are you kidding. the entire point of navy seal training is for them to become the most conditioned people on the planet. read what it takes to become a navy seal and ask yourself how many UFC fighters would pass that test.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I dont think people are giving the pure martial artists enough credit, those guys are fricken quick and probaly can do some major damage with moves that arent allowed in UFC (so therefore UFC guys dont practice).

[/ QUOTE ]
the secret death touch is not used in mma because it does not exist. please tell me one move that a martial artist knows that a real fighter does not.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:41 PM

[/ QUOTE ]goddamnit are you kidding. the entire point of navy seal training is for them to become the most conditioned people on the planet. read what it takes to become a navy seal and ask yourself how many UFC fighters would pass that test.

[/ QUOTE ]no i'm not kidding . top tier mma fighters are among the top conditioned athletes in the world. the "entire point" of the seals is killing with guns.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

World's best boxer - 15%

World's best karate and or other Asian martial arts. - 20%

World's most elite Navy Seal as far as hand to hand combat is concerned. - 20%

World's best real streetfighter from a gang or whatever. - 5%

World's best ultimate fighting champion - 40%

Assume fairly equal weights of course

[/ QUOTE ]