Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > Special Sklansky Forum
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 10:00 PM

Default Re: New Fight Question

if it a one on one the ufc wins everytime. if it's a five man free for all then it comes down to the smartest man with the bast stradegy. either teaming up with someone and fighting him in the end or sitting back and wait for the other four to beat eachother up and tire eachother out then getting going at the end when it's almost over.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I would guess that Crocop and Fedor are probably the two most dangerous men on the planet. I think they would beat anyone else (human) in the world in hand to hand combat to the death.

Crocop/Fedor
UFC Champ
Navy SEAL
Streetfighter
Best practicioner of his chosen martial art
Boxer

[/ QUOTE ]

No love for big nog?
Old 12-01-2006, 10:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Navy SEAL. It's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

An average SEAL would get his ass kicked in this crowd, but the world's best must be pretty f-ing hard core and may be highly trained in many different disciplines.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:09 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Seal#Training

it doesn't mention much (if anything ) about hand to hand combat. safe to say that the majority of the seal's training would not be useful in this fight. undoubtedly, the navy seal would be in the best shape of all of them but the MMA fighter would know so much more technique that he has to be the winner.

i actually wonder if the asian martial artist would beat the navy seal though. can you imagine bruce lee fighting a navy seal of equal weight? i can't imagine the navy seal winning.

street fighter obviously last. boxer 2nd to last.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wow... you ever knock someone out, its not that hard to kill them after that point. you ever choke someone out, its not that hard to kill them if you don't let go.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're assuming the SEAL allows him to do either of those things. This is one of the most basic differences between someone who is trained for fighting and someone who is trained for combat--the latter individual will go straight for the kill.

Taking your Guy Metzger story as true, the Navy SEALs he beat up were not the "most elite" SEAL in terms of hand to hand combat, nor was the fight to the death.

I think we can all agree that the boxer would stand next to no chance, at least.

[/ QUOTE ]you're confusing armed combat trained guy(seal) vs and unarmed combat trained guy(ufc). in a fire fight the seal would win but in an unarmed combat like this thread was talking about, the seal is f***ed. seals unarmed training is minimal compared to the fighter. but the seal wins a gunfight every time.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:13 PM

I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this...

That said, it would depend on the fighting style of the UFC champion. The UFC fighter would be the favorite over anyone heads up, but if he was a grappler he'd lose substantial value against many opponents. All those fancy submission holds applied while lying on the mat won't do him much good once the other guys start stomping on his head. If, however, the UFC fighter was more of a striker, I think he'd be either be a slight favorite over or a slight dog to the Asian martial artist.

I think the worst would be the Navy SEAL. These guys are trained to kill with weapons, but in hand to hand combat they would get schooled by any of the experts. The streetfighter would face a similar handicap, as he's probably used to fighting with knvies, barstools and so forth, but is probably a pip or two ahead of the SEAL because he's more likely to be on PCP.

I think the boxer would kick the ass of the SEAL and streetfighter, but wouldn't be much of a match for the other two because his inability to fight with his legs or use submission holds if he makes it to one on one combat.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:14 PM

no love for a martial arts? no votes for bruce lee?

[censored] alpha, didn't see it.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:18 PM

i think you guys are giving the asian martial artist more credit than he deserves. to many jet lee movies for you guys.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:18 PM

Fedor is the favorite against anyone in a barehands fight to the death. I think he is a significant favorite against any non MMA fighter.
Old 12-01-2006, 10:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't believe I'm wasting my time on this...

That said, it would depend on the fighting style of the UFC champion. The UFC fighter would be the favorite over anyone heads up, but if he was a grappler he'd lose substantial value against many opponents. All those fancy submission holds applied while lying on the mat won't do him much good once the other guys start stomping on his head. If, however, the UFC fighter was more of a striker, I think he'd be either be a slight favorite over or a slight dog to the Asian martial artist.

I think the worst would be the Navy SEAL. These guys are trained to kill with weapons, but in hand to hand combat they would get schooled by any of the experts. The streetfighter would face a similar handicap, as he's probably used to fighting with knvies, barstools and so forth, but is probably a pip or two ahead of the SEAL because he's more likely to be on PCP.

I think the boxer would kick the ass of the SEAL and streetfighter, but wouldn't be much of a match for the other two because his inability to fight with his legs or use submission holds if he makes it to one on one combat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry you wasted your time on this too, because apparently you never heard of a takedown. Explain how you stomp on someones head when they have mounted you and are bashing your head in with elbows. Apparently you think while fighting people just dive to the ground and lay there waiting for their opponents to stomp them.