Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 09:42 PM

Default Re: QQ preflop reraise shove on LAG - NL10

[ QUOTE ]
Obviously though, since he's here, he lost so I'm not sure the push was a great idea.

I wouldn't go all-in with QQ PF just like crimsonjade said. Some of these guys you just have to get up and leave because they're going to force you to go heads up all in with them in situations like this. So its a coin flip. Why even do it? If they want to lose their money let them. Move to another table. Especially since he's got your stacked covered 2 fold. He can afford to go all in and make a mistake 2 times to your 1.

I would have just raised him a little bit more and seen the flop. He got you to make a mistake...which is what this type of sLAG play desires.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be a dick, but between this and your post in the KK thread where you said calling a raise PF with 77 is horrible, you really ought to reconsider your play. Saying that hero's play is a mistake here just because he lost is results-oriented thinking. Also, "If they want to lose their money let them." is right. However, it should read, "If they want to lose their money let them LOSE IT TO YOU." instead of suggesting leaving the table.

Leaving the table here is stupid. You have a maniac who is raising 20xBB with all sorts of crap and calling AIs with anything. This is a gold mine for you. Yes, it is going to be high variance, but it's also going to be extremely +EV.

Sometimes I would call this PF and hope that he'd keep bluffing post-flop, but given that he's also willing to felt PF with nothing (the 8d7d example), the push here is perfect. You got it all-in with a hand that figured to be a HUGE favorite over his range.