Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 04:48 PM

Default My 3/6 Nightmare.

I decided to take a stab at 3/6 6max. Here is the result of 16k hands.

My postflop AF is 2.44. I feel as though I've been running pretty bad lately, but I consider my feelings to be very sketchy evidence for anything. Is this downswing bad enough to indicate that I am playing badly? I don't consider myself a bad player (just tilty at times), but I still have to question whether I'm cut out for 3/6 6m or not.

I can post more individual stats and hands.. just tell me which ones are relevant. Thanks.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:53 PM

Default Re: My 3/6 Nightmare.

definately should steal more & definately can go to showdown more. post hands!
Old 12-01-2006, 05:10 PM

Move down and get a coach. You probably have a variety of leaks that are cutting into your winrate.

For one, it looks to me like you're limping and cold-calling far too often. That is gonna get you caught up in all kinds of ugly situations postflop, especially if you're playing at a site like FT or UB. Steal more, and try to take lines that get you to showdown more often. And you DEFINITELY need to defend your SB less. If you were to show your position stats, I would guess that you're losing ALOT from the blinds. I would also expect that you're coldcalling LP raises in SB when you should be 3betting or folding. To be completely honest though, you will benefit alot more if you just pay the small fee to work with a coach. Alot of the advice you will get in this thread may or may not be relevant to your game. People will naturally come to conclusions that are inaccurate. You need someone to watch you play and then go over what's going on at the end of the session..

Good luck man.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Move down and get a coach. You probably have a variety of leaks that are cutting into your winrate.

For one, it looks to me like you're limping and cold-calling far too often. That is gonna get you caught up in all kinds of ugly situations postflop, especially if you're playing at a site like FT or UB. Steal more, and try to take lines that get you to showdown more often. And you DEFINITELY need to defend your SB less. If you were to show your position stats, I would guess that you're losing ALOT from the blinds. I would also expect that you're coldcalling LP raises in SB when you should be 3betting or folding. To be completely honest though, you will benefit alot more if you just pay the small fee to work with a coach. Alot of the advice you will get in this thread may or may not be relevant to your game. People will naturally come to conclusions that are inaccurate. You need someone to watch you play and then go over what's going on at the end of the session..

Good luck man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. In defense of myself, I play on abs which has a 2/3 structure. I also almost never limp or cold call (it usually happens once or twice per session, so something like once every 1000 hands).

maybe taping my sessions or putting them on pokerxfactor might work, so you can see exactly what happens when I play.

Also, my BB and SB winrates are -.20 and -.18, respectively. I'm assuming that's horrendously bad.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:22 PM

The more I play at ABS, the more I realise how tough that game is (compared with other sites). I think most average-good players would struggle to beat the rake over a decent sample. Having said that, there are some obvious errors in your game that are costing you money and it's entirely possible that you're not ready for this game.

I have over 30K hands at ABS 3/6 and have notes on just about everyone. If you want, you can PM me your screenname and I'll tell you what notes I have on you.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:42 PM

PM sent Kwaz.

I hate 6 max [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]