Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 05:46 PM

Default Re: 77

I've been focusing on not making these call downs of late.

Even if you are ahead now, all his c/r'ing hands have 14outs. If you're behind, you have 2.

And you've got to admit that this is a powerhouse line. Especially at 2/4.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:05 PM

I hate this flop raise. I mean think about it. What is the villain gonna put you on if you just call the flop? The answer is probably nothing. The villain will probably assume youre calling with some kind of 6 outdraw that will fold the turn unimproved. So what does this mean? This means that if you just call the flop, the villain will be betting his full range on the turn which is exactly what you want! Why stunt this money making process with a flop raise? And honestly, if that turn check/raise line is difficult for you to handle against this particular opponent, then your flop raise goes from bad to terrible.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Even if you are ahead now, all his c/r'ing hands have 14outs. If you're behind, you have 2.

[/ QUOTE ]

As powerhouse as it is, and it certainly seems that way, the pf action/flop action would usually cause me to play a monster a bit differently from SB

I think you can put this hand in a big group of "marginal" hands. Those ones where we post and it's fold or call down and nobody is really sure. In this case I think it's best to call down, as this spot is better than a bunch of those other ones.

And while villain DOES have a bunch of outs - we have to make a stand sooner or later.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

As powerhouse as it is, and it certainly seems that way, the pf action/flop action would usually cause me to play a monster a bit differently from SB

I think you can put this hand in a big group of "marginal" hands. Those ones where we post and it's fold or call down and nobody is really sure. In this case I think it's best to call down, as this spot is better than a bunch of those other ones.

And while villain DOES have a bunch of outs - we have to make a stand sooner or later.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think there are much better spots to take a stand.