Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 03:48 PM

Default QQ preflop reraise shove on LAG - NL10

Question: Thoughts on this? I honestly can't tell if I overplayed this or put him in exactly the situation I wanted him in.

Reads: I've been at the table for 70 hands. In the first few hands I saw Villain cold call an EP open-shove (3.45) and then call a LP re-raise shove (8.85) w/ 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] against 2 other players. His 87 won. After that hand he kinda tightened up. That is until the last 10 minutes or so. Its like somebody flipped the maniac switch. He's open-raising for 10x-15x, he's repopping and calling nearly every raise. Which set up me repopping him AI once preflop w/ J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and another time with just a healthy reraise. He raising range here is pretty wide, I think.

Hand:
Full Tilt Poker Game #1333443679: Table Portal (6 max) - $0.05/$0.10 - No Limit Hold'em - 1:37:26 ET - 2006/12/01
Seat 1: UTG ($2.95)
Seat 2: Villain ($26.80)
Seat 3: Hero ($10.80)
Seat 4: Button ($4.65)
Seat 5: SB ($3.45)
Seat 6: BB ($4)
SB posts the small blind of $0.05
BB posts the big blind of $0.10
The button is in seat #4
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]
UTG calls $0.10
Villain raises to $2
Hero raises to $10.80, and is all in
UTG folds
Villain calls $8.80

Comments:
I think I set up this confrontation by re-popping his rediculous raises 2 or 3 times over the last 10 minutes. Any thoughts on setting up this type of situation? Played too fast? Smooth call and play the flop? I honestly don't care if I won or lost here. I set something up and insta-shoved and in my session review, I'm just not sure if I agree with the play.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:01 PM

Default Re: QQ preflop reraise shove on LAG - NL10

Since he is all over the place, you cannot get a read on him by calling that bet. The only reason I can see for calling is if you wanted to bail if a A or K hits the flop.

That being said, I really do not like shoving preflop with anything except AA or KK, so I would call and see the flop.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:11 PM

If your history is right, push this every single time against this guy.
Old 12-01-2006, 04:13 PM

I think this is good given the history. Hopefully he is paying attention to what you've been doing. Crazy lag's get AA and KK too but given the situation I'd be happy to be all in for 1 buy in. His range is so wide I'd be worried about cold calling. There are a lot of flops that can scare him into shutting down if he's the type who comes to his senses post flop. Not to mention an Ace or King might scare you into laying down if he's willing to bluff post flop. Either scenario is bad obviously. Get it in ahead of his range and hope it holds.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 PM

Looks fine to me.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:08 PM

Obviously though, since he's here, he lost so I'm not sure the push was a great idea.

I wouldn't go all-in with QQ PF just like crimsonjade said. Some of these guys you just have to get up and leave because they're going to force you to go heads up all in with them in situations like this. So its a coin flip. Why even do it? If they want to lose their money let them. Move to another table. Especially since he's got your stacked covered 2 fold. He can afford to go all in and make a mistake 2 times to your 1.

I would have just raised him a little bit more and seen the flop. He got you to make a mistake...which is what this type of sLAG play desires.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:06 PM

I like the shove. Seems like a good move here, the set up makes it good. I dont usually shove here because I am new and dont do set ups like this yet, I personally re raise a bit, see the flop. The shove is better for this situation.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:13 PM

Looks fine. Only AA and KK beating you! Hoped it worked out in the end?
Old 12-01-2006, 08:50 PM

Standard.
Old 12-01-2006, 08:58 PM

Without reads I would probably want to push this all-in.

Without your reads this is an increadibly super sweet very easy push. If you lost it, I don't wanna hear about it.