Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-01-2006, 12:25 AM

Default Starting a video game website..

I started this with the idea that I would be in on the forum project but unfortunately the niche just wouldn't work out very well for me. That being said I have just the beginning stages of a video game site and was wondering if anybody else has gone a different route with their websites? So far I have the homepage setup and am just beginning to build some content and get then generate some traffic. Any tips?
Old 12-01-2006, 12:57 AM

Default Re: Starting a video game website..

Figure out places to advertise to get traffic right away. Other than that just work on SEO. Submit to directories, search engines, try to get your site on video game forums. The video game forum is not to get hits but it will help you get ranked. Also contact people who are ranked and see if they will do a link exchange. Youll be suprised a lot of people will agree to. Complement then on their page they love that. U can use myspace to blog and link to your site. Use myspace forums and groups. Be tricky so it doesnt look like spam.