Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 08:31 PM

Default Re: FTP Answers 11/29

I almost always sit short-stacked and I take your money every day, so you guys should thank me for letting you keep some of your full-buy-in money [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

As mentionned by MB, buying for 75/80% of the max buy-in immediately tags you as a "fish" by the non-regulars and it does have it's advantages.

The "i am a great player and want to take all your money in 1 shot" macho attitude is pathetic. You want to take all in 1 shot because you play 1 hand out of 300 and know there won't be many occasions where the "fish" and yourself will be involved in the same hand.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:38 PM

FTPDoug,

If you're on the waiting list for a game and get called, AND you have the max number of tables open, you can click the "yes" response to take your seat off of the waiting list, but you'll get the "Too many tables" open error. At that point, you're no longer able to take the seat you have reserved. You can close other tables, you can close and reopen the table at which you have a seat reserved, etc, and no luck. You'll even see your handle in the seat with "reserved" underneath, but you can't take the seat. Eventually you get the notice that you've timed out.

How about actually letting us take the seats we've reserved?
Old 11-30-2006, 10:26 PM

If you raise the minimum buy-ins the fish play lower. No one who buys in for the minimum @ a 3/6 game is beating the game. Everyone who wants to eliminate the option to buy-in short is an idiot. To set the default buy-in to the maximum is different however and I do agree as far as deepstack tables are concerned solely because that was their only purpose.
Old 11-30-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm a limit player, but the more posts like this one I see the more tempted I am to start shortstacking NLHE. It's obviously a great strategy if just having a small stack can tilt people this hard and make them try to get sites to outlaw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

so... you like flipping coins for small stacks?
Old 11-30-2006, 11:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm a limit player, but the more posts like this one I see the more tempted I am to start shortstacking NLHE. It's obviously a great strategy if just having a small stack can tilt people this hard and make them try to get sites to outlaw it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

if i'm a 55/45 favorite i'd do that all day. and enjoy it.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously know that you won't be a 55/45 favorite all the time. And the way shortstack strategy is, you probably won't be a 55/45 favorite a majority of the time either.
Old 11-30-2006, 11:18 PM

My God, how could you possibly expect a response to that massive grammatical atrocity? I can't believe how badly our standards have deteriorated. Man, you should be embarrassed.

[ QUOTE ]
IPP147,

I completely agree with you but is it really worth Doug coming here every week for what we are getting???? It sure seems to me that it is more to make us feel like we are getting some thing than any thing. The improvements in last few months have been very very minute at best and I have also stated I am not trying to be rude to Doug personally. I did get a little upset with his response to our asking for higher max buy In's as I am really wondering why they (full tilt) are so reluctant to do this?? Oddly this isn't one of my major issues with full tilt it is just the straw that broke the camel's back. The lag issue is long going and still not any better and the resizable table issue is getting sickening long. Also I would like to add that your latest blame on the lag issue being the programs we run is total malarkey. I use poker office and we just recently got to use this with full tilt and before that I was using nothing and I still had the lag and disconnection problem so PLEASE try again! This is not a rant and I am not trying to be a troll this is a wake up call.

Doug perhaps if you have not already maybe you should look around the forums and read all the full tilt posts and see how many people have left your site due to these issues and see how many are seriously getting ready to leave in the near future if things are not corrected quickly. I think you should also look at how many are saying the wish they didn't have to leave or that will return when the problems are fixed. This should tell you that they like the potential of your site but just can't bare the problems and lack of features that can found at other sites! You seem more worried about offending some donkey that plays 150 hands a week over an issue of raising the min buy in on a table than you are about keeping players that play thousands of hands a day every day.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-30-2006, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you obviously know that you won't be a 55/45 favorite all the time. And the way shortstack strategy is, you probably won't be a 55/45 favorite a majority of the time either.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's assuming people know how to play a short stack strategy which they don't.
Old 12-01-2006, 12:02 AM

Here I am playing a lovely game of NL "160" or more accurately "NL50 but actually paying .40/.80 blinds instead of .25/.50"
Old 12-01-2006, 01:53 AM

That's a gross picture Muisyle. If a table is to be labled "deep stack" then the buy-in (IMHO) range should be between 100BBs and 300BBs.