Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-24-2006, 05:38 PM

Default Deep Stacked tourneys - best (& cheapest!) way to get experience?

So, I've read through the reccomended posts in MTT, and they're amazing. I apologize if this has been debated thoroughly before and I'm too much of a n00b to find it (if so, a kindly link to the thread would be amazing), but I'm wondering the best way to get experience with deep stack tournaments? I'm playing a lot lately, mostly donk N gos (which seem to be frowned upon, but for someone without a ton of money, they're a lot of bang for the buck, and relatively easy at the $10 and under levels) and some cash games, but I'd like to eventually get to the deep stack tournaments. I've made some progress in that I've won a bunch of super satellites to the $175 DS and $650 WPT-PCA Carribbean at PokerStars, and am doing better and better every time, but still haven't actually gotten in.. Is there another online site that hosts regular deep stack tourneys?
Any reccomendations at all?
Old 11-24-2006, 06:29 PM

Default Re: Deep Stacked tourneys - best (& cheapest!) way to get experience?

Bugsy's Club. Stakes aren't [censored], but they got decent play and some superstacks.

Spend a lot of time there, you get a sick amount of chips to play with.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:46 PM

i can back up what fortuna has said about bugsy. It was my very first site. Although i rarely play there anymore, I still have good feelings towards it.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:53 PM

Ditto.

Also, FTP has "Double-Stack" tournaments.
Old 11-24-2006, 10:40 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own

stars has deep stacks, bugsy club, and full tilt also do.

thats all i can think of off the top of my head, dont be ashamed of playing sngs they are good bankroll builders [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-26-2006, 12:06 PM

Join APAT.com

Bi weekly tournies at pokerstars and a number of live events,a llbeit UK/Euro based. Going forward this looks like it will just grow and grow.
Old 11-26-2006, 12:23 PM

Play cash games.
Old 11-30-2006, 04:47 PM

Bodog has some big stack tourneys, but the levels are the same. So like 5000 chips with 12 or 15 minute levels.

I have not played in the stars deep stack tourneys (probably will this weekend) but my only observation is that some of the fields are so big the tourney lasts a looong time. Probably good concentration practice though if you want to eventually play some big live events.

GL
Old 11-30-2006, 08:02 PM

They have deepstack tournies on Pokerstars ranging from $11 to $109 buy ins. I know they have no limit and pot limit, but they might even have limit now (I would rather kill myself than play that) and they have omaha also. 5000 chips, 30 minute levels. LOTSA play. I've played a couple and they take FOREVER. But it's definitely good practice to make a lot of tough postflop decisions (mainly turn decisions) that you would never get to make in a normal tourney.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:07 PM

The deepest stacks I know at Full Tilt are those double stack where you get 3000 chips and 10 min. blind levels. The blinds don't increase that much each time, though, I guess it's standard. Still compared to every other online tournament I have ever played these give you a ton of leeway to make decisions besides bet/fold. They used to be SNG structure but just changed to MTT structure. I'd like to say my success has increased with the change but no can do...still I recommend them more than regular MTTS or SNGs