Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 11:27 AM

Default Never folding AA. Part II.

Unknown.

Poker Stars
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $2/$4
6 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is UTG+1 with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
UTG folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls.

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6.5SB, 3 players)
<font color="#cc0000">BB bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises</font>, Button folds, BB calls.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.25BB, 2 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#cc0000">BB raises</font>, Hero ?
Old 11-30-2006, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Never folding AA. Part II.

I don't think you're good 1 in 5 times here and you will have to call 2 BB to see showdown (9:2). An Ace or Five may not be good outs for you if Button has a flush. A Five would result in a split at best if it made best hand and there may be only two fives left (Button w/ 55).

I like Fold.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:01 PM

I don't think you can fold, he could easily have a pair and a heart. Put yourself in his position with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6. He might have the best hand, if he has the worst hand you're not often 3 betting, and if he has the worst hand you might fold a better one.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:17 PM

I like a fold here. If villain is at all decent I don't see how he's not putting you on an overpair here. His turn c/r shows lots of strength, and that turn just hit every draw (which is why he was probably donking into the PFRaiser in the first place).
Old 11-30-2006, 12:37 PM

Ok ok... this might be a fold.. without a read, I say fold.. with a read that he semibluffs alot when he developes fd's (Ah with 6,4 or 3) then you would call. Incidently, don't tell him that he busted aces.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't think you can fold, he could easily have a pair and a heart. Put yourself in his position with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6. He might have the best hand, if he has the worst hand you're not often 3 betting, and if he has the worst hand you might fold a better one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sharpie,
how often are you c/ring this turn with A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6 knowing that I probably have an overpair and probably not folding since I could easily have a big [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
Old 11-30-2006, 01:01 PM

Fold on the turn probably is the right play, though at the table I probably calldown.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:12 PM

Well it's costing him hardly anything because he's calling down anyway, he won't get 3 bet unless he's up against a flush, and he has like 14 outs if behind. For all he knows he has the best hand, alot of guys raise ace high when donked on that flop. So if I'm villain I'm doing it everytime unless I think you always have an overpair and never fold.

But your average unknown 2/4 doesn't think like this so maybe it is a fold that I'm overthinking.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Fold on the turn probably is the right play, though at the table I probably calldown.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too. I think I have to remember that AA can be beat HU.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:04 PM

only time you should call down here is with a read that villain loves to bluff and loves scare cards.