Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Two Plus Two > MOD DISCUSSION
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 12:45 AM

Default Re: THE new training site dedicated to sngs

One of the main issues I have is when people start proclaiming themselves as being in the TOP 10 SNG PLAYERS in the world when most of their experience and success has been on one site under one structure. A top SNG player, IMHO, has experience and success in any/all structures, 6- 9- and 10- player fields. There is no explainations about going through growing pains over a small sample size because said player didn't wait until one site shut them out before they were forced to go to another site a learn something new. Every structure was learned in the beginning so no adjustment time is needed. Until you're truely there, I don't even hear THE BEST SNG PLAYERS IN THE WORLD claims.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:57 AM

I'm definitely in the nothing and nobody crowd when it comes to poker or 2p2. (It's sweet of you guys to tolerate me though [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) FWIW, I remember Fiery's name from the WSOP Finishes Thread, where he cashed 4 times this year. I'm guessing he knows a thing or two about poker it wouldn't hurt me to learn.

That's not to say I've made a final decision as to whether I'll subscribe to the service they're offering. I'm pretty sure we're all adults here who are used to making decisions when it comes to spending our own monies. For that reason, I don't see any harm in allowing a civil debate about said service so we can make an informed decision.

I'd ask any skeptics to refrain from being rude.

I'd expect anyone starting a business venture to be professional and courteous, while still allowed to defend themselves.

As a business owner I do think the launch was half baked and could have been handled better. Yet I see the reason for it completely. The principals feel that STTF is a home here on 2p2 and they're among friends. which I'm sure is true to a very large extent.

Of course we are all subject to mod decisions and from what I've seen here in STTF I trust the mods in question to be fair to all concerned.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:25 AM

i dont get the haters. have they never seen the crapiness of other sng sites? they all suck.

i wasnt very impressed with sheets/jbax site. i saw quite a few ICM leaks in their game so i couldnt stand to watch them. this site will have almost zero of these leaks and i can actually learn something.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:37 AM

link ?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
looks like sheets and johnnybax are not going to be too happy with u stealing their monies...

[/ QUOTE ]
I think this is best represented with an SAT analogy:

All of Sheets and Johnnybax monies : z32fanatic's monies :: Irieguy's bitches : SuitedSixes's bitches

(Note: I got Bones' permission before ragging on 66s).

[/ QUOTE ]

z,

I don't know you from Adam but you are now definitely alright in my book.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm definitely in the nothing and nobody crowd when it comes to poker or 2p2. (It's sweet of you guys to tolerate me though [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]) FWIW, I remember Fiery's name from the WSOP Finishes Thread, where he cashed 4 times this year. I'm guessing he knows a thing or two about poker it wouldn't hurt me to learn.

That's not to say I've made a final decision as to whether I'll subscribe to the service they're offering. I'm pretty sure we're all adults here who are used to making decisions when it comes to spending our own monies. For that reason, I don't see any harm in allowing a civil debate about said service so we can make an informed decision.

I'd ask any skeptics to refrain from being rude.

I'd expect anyone starting a business venture to be professional and courteous, while still allowed to defend themselves.

As a business owner I do think the launch was half baked and could have been handled better. Yet I see the reason for it completely. The principals feel that STTF is a home here on 2p2 and they're among friends. which I'm sure is true to a very large extent.

Of course we are all subject to mod decisions and from what I've seen here in STTF I trust the mods in question to be fair to all concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey. Stop making sense, please. Otherwise, you'll never fit in here. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 01:53 AM

Regarding their losing streak, why not play a 1000 27s or 60s and prove to the world that they are good. Playing 1000 SNGs should take probably a week at most. They all can multi-table heavily. I would be really be interested in looking at those results actually.

Party games were easy, lot easier. PS games are quite tough even at 60s IMO.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:09 AM

I wonder who was their target audience with regard to buy ins?

Are they going after high enders ($200 and above) or the low limit guys ($60 or less?)

If I'm a high limit guy playing on Poker Stars do I want info from guys who yet to show they can beat the game at this site, at those levels, consistently?

If I'm a low limit guy do I want to see FJ playing a $555 game when it's obvious that strategy at those levels are not quite the same as they would be at the lower levels?

With that said, I question why the rush? They put this site up and have very little content. Why not take the time to make some content before going "live" to the Public?

Very confusing..... [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 02:17 AM

You act like we are only offering $555 videos...I stated earlier that I made a video of me 4 tabling the $14s and another of me 4 tabling the $27s, both of which should be up very soon. Our target audience is anyone who is looking to improve their sng game...and anyone who plays sngs has room to improve.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:20 AM

Guys I have some bad news my posts are worthless since I am a losing player on Stars.
Closed Thread