Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 12:42 AM

Default Hello Community

Hi gang!

Just started playing sngs and I plan on getting feedback on some of my hands. I've played about 500 or so on stars and my ROI is -30 or so. I can certainly use the help!

I think one of my problems is that I jumped into rather high stakes sngs as a beginner. Are the 50+5s too high to start. I'd really like to play where the money means something to me. I have dabbled in the low stakes before and am turned off by the rabble.

I could move down, but the crowd at those levels seems to be rather like animals than man. It's more important to me to have jovial chat and sane play than actually winning at this point. Plus, at the lower stakes, the players are always making fun of me and it's no fun. The 50 players are much more respectful and sophisticated.

Anyway, just saying hello.

I know what's wrong with my poker game already, but I hope to improve nonetheless.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:09 AM

Default Re: Hello Community

how many sngs are you playing at a time? If you are just learning how to play you should probably keep it very basic 1 or at most 2 at a time. I would mos def suggest moving down multiple levels. You should be playing at a level where the money does NOT matter to you. What I mean by this is, if you have a rough day and drop a bunch of buyins, is it going to really mess your day up? If so, your playing to high of a level. You also have to remmember that while you want to play these stakes because the money is meaningfull to you, you are not going to be able to beat these stakes right now so you wont make any of that money you want.

I play 8-12 tables at a time and have played as high as the 55s but ive found that while im properly bankrolled for them, it really messes my day up if I drop 10 buyins (very common) in a day. That is why I play lower stakes, the 16s.

6.5s are great for a beginner, 16s are not bad either. I would not recomend playing any higher then that yet.

Also, what is your bankroll? You should really have no fewer then 50 buyins at whatever level your playing so the 55s you should have at LEAST $2,750. Personally I go w/ 100 buyins.

software you may want to consider:
poker tracker keeps track of every game youve ever played
poker ace hud displays stats of people youve played w/ on the poker table
sit and go power tools probably the best thing for you right now is an aftergame analysis tool that tells you if pushes and calls near the bubble were correct or not.

Post hands for sure and in a similar fashion to others here. read the faq here as well.

Welcome to the community and goodluck.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:47 AM

I think that in order to play higher you must first be able to beat the lower limits.. if ur around -30 ROI, then u really need to drop down to improve the leaks in ur game
Old 11-30-2006, 02:04 AM

Standard troll.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:08 AM

If you are not from USA you can switch to PartyPoker and at least lose less (due to easier competition) until you get better if you decide not to move down in levels.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:10 AM

You will go broke playing the 55's. If you want to learn, buy SNGPT and PokerTracker. I would then datamine the 525's at Stars. Find the good players and copy their game. It'll take about a year to become a good player if you are a fanatic. I would also read this forum everyday. I think PokerXfactor and Bubble Trainer would be worth the $.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:11 AM

lol
Old 11-30-2006, 03:33 AM

Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lolololololol high be my friend
Old 11-30-2006, 03:37 AM