Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2006, 12:12 AM

Default Re: I mean $1/2 is so hard, I can\'t beat it.

Dear Fgators,

Im aware this is BBV, but have you considered the reason you lose money isn't these bad beats, but because you missplay your winning hands and not extracting value, and the hands you lose you don't get away cheaply?

Or you can assume your the must unlucky player on the forum, and should probably take up bingo.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Dear Fgators,

Im aware this is BBV, but have you considered the reason you lose money isn't these bad beats, but because you missplay your winning hands and not extracting value, and the hands you lose you don't get away cheaply?

Or you can assume your the must unlucky player on the forum, and should probably take up bingo.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get value out of hands. If some hot shot has time to take a look at my hand histories I would be very willing to give them out.
Old 11-30-2006, 12:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
ouch.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am going to be busto soon. gg all. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

how much are you down overall at this point? can u graph the downswing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have no idea where I stand. I got off to a hot start in november winning like 3k over a 3 day period and then I crashed. I think I might be only down 1k for the month but I transfer money,play cash tournaments,etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you seriously just say "I'm about even, maybe down a little" when asked how you did at poker?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Old 11-30-2006, 12:45 AM

Damn, those latest hurt to read. You are down something like $7000 or more from NL $200 now? I'm running poor but not yet nearly as bad as this. How the frick do you even get up in the morning? For your sanity this better not be your primary income. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2006, 01:18 AM

fgators, are you still 12 tabling despite being on a 35 buyin downswing?
Old 11-30-2006, 01:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi! I'm back! I decided to play some tournaments, read some poker books, read posts made by adanthar, yvesaint, and nath all relating to NL cash games because they are the brains of the forum. You know what? I'm still a losing player! Damn it! This is from the last day or two and is primarily for triumph, who enjoys either a bad beat or as yves or adanthar would say just poor bad play from the Gator Guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what, [censored] you. The fact that you take every criticism so personally and refuse to do anything to actually improve your game, or examine why you're a losing player, but would rather complain about how unlucky you are, indicates you deserve to lose and will keep doing so.

Got Pokertracker yet? I bet you haven't. Cut down on the number of tables? I doubt it. Posted hands where you were in a difficult spot? Unlikely, I searched your posting history, and you started all of two strategy threads. One was theoretical and the other was basically a bad beat thread. You did ask Ansky for some cut-and-dried, clear formula you could adhere to, but guess what: poker doesn't work that way.

You'll go broke if you don't change your attitude. That's my last words to you on the subject.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:33 AM

I did cut down on the number of tables. I don't have the ability to get pokertracker right now as I don't have a credit card.

and no this is not my primary income. I am a college student who took a $20 transfer my sophomore yr. (2 yrs ago) and have run it up so whatever happens is gravy.
Old 11-30-2006, 01:42 AM

Default Grow up and smell the roses

FGators>most players

FGators whines>most players

FGators $< worse players

This sums up your life right now, right FGator?

Here's the scoop, since nobody else seems to have mentioned it:

You can be the best player in the world, but if you don't understand how to protect your bankroll and ease through the downswings then you won't have a bankroll to protect.

If that is still too subtle for you, take a break from poker - go to a movie, go on vacation, quit for a week - but don't keep playing when you are seriously doubting your ability to win (yes, I see you mention that you are a very good player, but you keep saying you "can't win with the cards I'm getting").

Winning at poker isn't about winning a lot of pots, it's about getting some of the money you win to the bank and using that cash to pay bills and set aside a little for a rainy day. I don't give a crap how many days you won in the past, it doesn't mean chit if none of it sticks to your fingers.

Better luck to you - if you get a clue.

Dogmeat [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

You are right, Phil IVey couldn't have make money with your cards this week, but I doubt he would have continued playing.