Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2006, 09:30 AM

Default Re: I can\'t believe I\'m stooping this low

OMG I just won a LHE session. Haven't done that in a week.

My first session today was -50 bets too. I was going to come cry about it but then I had a little mental chat with myself and stopped feeling bad for myself. I said f these guys i'm going to deeeeestrooyy them. I was 'stuck' for the first 1500 or so hands but the last 1000 or so were butter. The action I get is incredible. It's like I have a big freaking cross on my forehead...and when I'm making hands I feel like I get paid ridiciculous amounts of money...people wayyyyyy overplay their hands and always try to bluff me. I guess it makes sense I haven't had anything in weeks, but things change I guess.

It was a decent victory too cause a lot of it was 30/60. So, I won 40 bets and $2500. That's a bigass victory for me these days.

I dropped like 6 buyins at NL but am feeling better and better about my game and it didn't bother me. In the last 2 days I've gotten KK all in preflop 6 times. It's been against AA all 6 times. Just a funny stat. I've been getting it in more and more good postflop and it'll all even out eventually.

I played 13 hours today (8000 hands). 7 hours of nl and 6 of lhe. I will plow through this swing and I will learn NL.
Old 11-29-2006, 09:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
play 3 tables and make sure there are 2 big fish at each.

[/ QUOTE ]

This used to be my requirement and I did great by it. It's incredibly hard to find a table with 2 big fish in it these days though. I end up reading the Internet waiting for games, or playing not so great games.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:23 PM

Default update?

?
Old 12-13-2006, 08:29 PM

Default Re: update?

I can feel where you're coming from here. I recently had a 400+ BB downswing and since I don't use the BR management that you do, it almost busted me. I really think that the key to getting out of it was using better game selection though. If the only "fish" at your table's a 30/5/0.5, just get out. The tiny winrate you're expected to grind out eventually just isn't worth opening yourself up to all the variance. In order to make good money at LHE, you need at least one [censored] that's willing to raise the flop with 72 and bluff every street just to show that he can.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I learned to play poker on my own, working as a prop in shorthanded games. I developed through trial and error what I found to be the most profitable and swingless style of play. It worked well for me, and then I discovered 2+2.

The top posters on here all say that my style can't make money cuz it is too tight! I have experimented with the various styles, and I have always had ridiculous swings when playing the LAG style considered optimal on here. I didn't like it so I went back to my boring ABC style. Although I have loosened up quite a bit as I improve my play, I am still no where close to you guys on here. I'm probably about 23 VPIP in a 6 handed game. I used to play 17 and made good money like that.

IMO, and I have never played higher than 10/20 for any signifant stretch of hands, LAG is way overated and the reason for all these crazy swings.

Also, I personally have never had a 200+ bb downswing where my play wasn't largely responsible for a good chunk of it. Just talking about myself here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what kind of tight style you say you play, but you're a [censored] lagtarded mouthbreather HU.
Old 12-13-2006, 08:52 PM

bk i'll stake you for .01/.02c
Old 12-13-2006, 08:58 PM

This post is from a good while ago. I'm not sure why this thread was re-brought up. My rongsht thread is the updated stuff.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:17 PM

link? i don't frequent BBCV.
Old 12-13-2006, 09:49 PM

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...e=0&fpart=1